    Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

    This happens even when I'm trying to send a regular e-mail, not to a
    newsgroup. Problem arose only after upgrading to XP.

    Bob Mathewson, Oct 31, 2005

  2. Bob Mathewson

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Bob Mathewson" <> wrote in
    news:y5g9f.8766$:

    > Using AT&T Worldnet and Outlook Express. Attempting to send mail, but
    > connection breaks a few seconds after connecting.This is the error
    > message: "The connection to the server has failed. Account:
    > 'postoffice.att.net', Server: 'netnews.att.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
    > 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"
    >
    > This happens even when I'm trying to send a regular e-mail, not to a
    > newsgroup. Problem arose only after upgrading to XP.

    You check with AT&T about your problem? Some IPS(s) don't use SMTP port
    25 for outbound email so that they can stop outbound spam mail from
    machines that have been compromised on their network they use some other
    port like 587 for EarthLink SMTP dial-up as an example. Maybe, your
    upgrade to XP may have set the OE settings to the default port 25 or your
    user-id and password for OE if being used is no longer valid with the
    upgrade. There are topics out on Google on how to test you SMTP or POP3
    connection with your ISP. But you may want to check with your ISP first.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 31, 2005

  3. Bob Mathewson

    Al Moran Guest

    Al Moran, Oct 31, 2005
  4. What you might want to do is try to reinstall AT&T WorldNet. Make sure you
    the incoming, outgoing mail server information entered correctly. This goes
    for the newsgroup server as well.

    Lynda

    Lynda Williams, Oct 31, 2005