    The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com',
    Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
    Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

    senan mcmonagle 1, Jan 7, 2008

  2. senan mcmonagle 1

    carlechka Guest

    "senan mcmonagle 1" <> wrote in message
    news:UJrgj.32550$...
    > why do I get this message?
    >
    > What do I have to do to rectify?
    >
    > The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com',
    > Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
    > Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

    It means the server is down.
    Sometimes re-booting helps but if not you just have to wait for a
    connection.

    carlechka, Jan 7, 2008

  3. senan mcmonagle 1

    TJ Guest

    "carlechka" <> wrote in news:HUrgj.29047$KC3.16112@newsfe6-
    gui.ntli.net:

    > "senan mcmonagle 1" <> wrote in message

    >> why do I get this message?

    Because the connection failed.

    >> What do I have to do to rectify?
    >>
    >> The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com',
    >> Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
    >> Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

    > It means the server is down.

    '127.0.0.1' is the OP's machine, not the NTL mail server.

    Probably some email scanning AV program fucked with the POP3/SMTP settings.
    Either that, or the OP messed it up him/herself during or after the
    install.

    > Sometimes re-booting helps but if not you just have to wait for a
    > connection.

    Sometimes, but it's doubtful in this case.

    TJ, Jan 7, 2008
  4. senan mcmonagle 1

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:52:07 GMT, "carlechka" <>
    wrote:

    >It means the server is down.

    lol

    >Sometimes re-booting helps but if not you just have to wait for a
    >connection.

    127.0.0.1 goes down WAY too often.

    Evan Platt, Jan 7, 2008
  5. Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:52:07 GMT, "carlechka"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I t means the server is down.

    > lol
    >
    >> Sometimes re-booting helps but if not you
    >> just have to wait for a connection.

    > 127.0.0.1 goes down WAY too often.

    Sometimes 127.0.0.1 goes way down, sometimes
    you can't even make it go down, and sometimes
    it's like you'd never even know it was there.

    --

    "At first, sex with robots might be considered geeky, but once
    you have a story like 'I had sex with a robot and it was great!'

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21271545/wid/11915829

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTV8Cl-8JMQ&NR=1

    Bucky Breeder, Jan 7, 2008
  6. senan mcmonagle 1

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:40:36 +0000, senan mcmonagle 1 wrote:

    > why do I get this message?

    Because the server auto-sensed that your IQ is only 2 digits.

    > What do I have to do to rectify?

    There is no fix. You'll always be that way. Bummer, eh?

    Dan C, Jan 7, 2008
  7. Dan C wrote:

    > On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:40:36 +0000, senan mcmonagle 1 wrote:
    >
    >> why do I get this message?

    > Because the server auto-sensed that your IQ is only 2 digits.
    >
    >> What do I have to do to rectify?

    > There is no fix. You'll always be that way. Bummer, eh?

    Reminds me of a girl I dated in college.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 7, 2008
  8. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:40:36 +0000, senan mcmonagle 1 wrote:
    >>
    >>> why do I get this message?

    >> Because the server auto-sensed that your IQ is only 2 digits.
    >>
    >>> What do I have to do to rectify?

    >> There is no fix. You'll always be that way. Bummer, eh?

    > Reminds me of a girl I dated in college.

    IGNORE -- posted smart-ass reply to wrong post. DUH! :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 7, 2008
  9. senan mcmonagle 1

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-01-07, senan mcmonagle 1 <> wrote:
    > why do I get this message?
    >
    > What do I have to do to rectify?
    >
    > The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com',
    > Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
    > Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

    Have you installed or un-installed an anti-virus program recently, or let
    the payments expire on one, or not renewed the 'free trial period' of the
    one pre-installed when you bought the computer, or tried to change the
    settings of one?

    "Server '127.0.0.1'" would be a program running on your own computer, not
    your ISP's or email service provider's email server. You should be able
    to get the proper address of that from their web site.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 7, 2008
  10. senan mcmonagle 1

    Plato Guest

    senan mcmonagle 1 wrote:

    > why do I get this message?
    >
    > What do I have to do to rectify?

    Most often just wait a bit and try again. I get that all the time with
    my POP gmail account.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 8, 2008