    (as i already have a spare length of this in the house) or does it have
    to be straight cable?

    Thanks
    MadEric, Apr 16, 2004

  2. MadEric wrote:

    > Please could someone tell me whether I can do this with Cross-over cable
    > (as i already have a spare length of this in the house) or does it have
    > to be straight cable?
    >
    > Thanks

    You will have to RTM to find out - or supply manufacturer and models.
    Either may actually work - you may have one or more units with
    autosensing ports. Both normally connect to a PC using straight cable
    and so, logically, connecting them together needs a crossover.
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 16, 2004

  3. MadEric

    MadEric Guest

    Palindr?me wrote:
    > MadEric wrote:
    >
    >> Please could someone tell me whether I can do this with Cross-over
    >> cable (as i already have a spare length of this in the house) or does
    >> it have to be straight cable?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > You will have to RTM to find out - or supply manufacturer and models.
    > Either may actually work - you may have one or more units with
    > autosensing ports. Both normally connect to a PC using straight cable
    > and so, logically, connecting them together needs a crossover.

    I cant get much joy out of netgear but I do know that My router is
    connected to the pc by striaght cable and the router is connected to the
    modem by sttraight cable
    MadEric, Apr 16, 2004
  4. MadEric

    MadEric Guest

    Palindr?me wrote:

    > MadEric wrote:
    >
    >> Please could someone tell me whether I can do this with Cross-over
    >> cable (as i already have a spare length of this in the house) or does
    >> it have to be straight cable?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > You will have to RTM to find out - or supply manufacturer and models.
    > Either may actually work - you may have one or more units with
    > autosensing ports. Both normally connect to a PC using straight cable
    > and so, logically, connecting them together needs a crossover.

    Cant get much out of netgear I'm afraid but I don know that all other
    connections with my other equipment is by straight cable
    MadEric, Apr 16, 2004
  5. MadEric

    MadEric Guest

    Palindr?me wrote:

    > MadEric wrote:
    >
    >> Please could someone tell me whether I can do this with Cross-over
    >> cable (as i already have a spare length of this in the house) or does
    >> it have to be straight cable?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > You will have to RTM to find out - or supply manufacturer and models.
    > Either may actually work - you may have one or more units with
    > autosensing ports. Both normally connect to a PC using straight cable
    > and so, logically, connecting them together needs a crossover.

    Cant get through to netgear but I do know that all other connections
    between my DSLgear is by straight cable
    MadEric, Apr 16, 2004
  6. MadEric

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "PalindrĂ¢~»me" <> wrote in message
    > MadEric wrote:
    >
    > > Please could someone tell me whether I can do this with Cross-over cable
    > > (as i already have a spare length of this in the house) or does it have
    > > to be straight cable?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > You will have to RTM to find out - or supply manufacturer and models.
    > Either may actually work - you may have one or more units with
    > autosensing ports. Both normally connect to a PC using straight cable
    > and so, logically, connecting them together needs a crossover.

    Check the router to see if one of the ports says "uplink" - that would be
    another option if the standard ports are not autosensing.

    T.T.
    Toolman Tim, Apr 17, 2004