    v3 Guest

    Anyone tried doing this, I see you can buy x-box usb cables from overseas
    but do you need a x-box controller driver to get it to work on a pc?
    v3, Oct 15, 2003

  2. v3

    PapaPump Guest

    "v3" <> wrote in message news:bmhvlp$eko$...
    > Anyone tried doing this, I see you can buy x-box usb cables from overseas
    > but do you need a x-box controller driver to get it to work on a pc?

    Nope they're standard USB devices so work fine. Same with a keyboard and
    mouse on an Xbox works fine also.

    PapaPump.
    PapaPump, Oct 15, 2003

  3. v3

    Brad Guest

    I had to download a driver for my pc to get it to work .. seemed ok .. only
    tried it for a minute.

    There was actually a GUI interface to set it up .. and assign the buttons /
    axis as well

    I purchased mine on trademe .. might be cheaper than sourcing from overseas

    Brad, Oct 15, 2003
  4. PapaPump wrote:
    > "v3" <> wrote in message news:bmhvlp$eko$...
    >
    >>Anyone tried doing this, I see you can buy x-box usb cables from overseas
    >>but do you need a x-box controller driver to get it to work on a pc?
    >>

    > Nope they're standard USB devices so work fine. Same with a keyboard and
    > mouse on an Xbox works fine also.

    There is a driver for the controller, its not a standard one,

    Also, anyone know what the additional wire in the xbox controller cable is for?
    seems to be ok on the xbox without it going from xbox->usb->xbox
    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Oct 15, 2003