    Your explanation will be appreciated.

    Regards
    MAK

    makhan, Oct 24, 2006

  2. makhan

    jjokcca

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    if you have layer 3 switch yes, but with out the layer 3 switch you are unable to route the traffic between two vlan. what you can do is if you have spare PC you can use it as your router.

    jjokcca, Oct 25, 2006

  3. makhan

    shahm

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2006
    Messages:
    6
    Location:
    London
    Hi,

    when you get a router you will need to make sure it has dual ethernet as you have two switches.

    shahm, Oct 26, 2006
  4. makhan

    globalchicken

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2006
    Messages:
    37
    Location:
    Sacramento
    After reading this link, it tells me that this switch is a layer 3 switch
    http://www.redcorp.com/newproducts/...2604&StoreMajorCat=120&majcat=120&mincat=2202

    If thats the case, then just put an ip address on the vlan interface that you have configured and ensure that ip routing is enabled.

    I dont have experience with this brand of switches, but the theory is the same. With L3 switching you do not need a router.

    globalchicken, Nov 9, 2006
  5. makhan

    srinath_7

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2006
    Messages:
    6
    Intervlan routing - L3 switch

    hi dude....

    create vlans in the L3 switch and

    interface vlan 1
    ip address x.x.x.x m.m.m.m

    put this ip as the default gateway for the PC.....thats all pal.....intervlan routing is enabled.:shake:

    srinath_7, Nov 12, 2006
  6. makhan

    madhuuyyala

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    How the multi vlan port works

    I configured cisco 2900 switch as vlan 2,3,4. now i want, pc1 in vlan2 is communicate pc2 in vlan2, with out need out of router.
    So please tell me in this matter multy vlan on single port can work

    Regards
    MADHU UYYALA,
    NOC

    madhuuyyala, Jan 30, 2008