    Is there some hardware thing I can buy which fits inside the tower unit
    and contains all necesary holes ?

    P.

    zwixxx, May 23, 2005

  2. zwixxx

    Carter Guest

    "zwixxx" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My video player (like most) has a scart output thing.
    > I have a cable with scart plug on one end, and 3 pins on other - 2
    > audio and 1 visual. I want to connect these pins to my computer but it
    > doesn't have audio-in, or an s-video input hole.
    > Is there some hardware thing I can buy which fits inside the tower unit
    > and contains all necesary holes ?
    >
    > P.

    Your wife, maybe?

    Carter, May 23, 2005

  3. zwixxx

    nos1eep Guest

    "zwixxx" <> wrote in message
    > My video player (like most) has a scart output thing.
    > I have a cable with scart plug on one end, and 3 pins on other - 2
    > audio and 1 visual. I want to connect these pins to my computer but it
    > doesn't have audio-in, or an s-video input hole.
    > Is there some hardware thing I can buy which fits inside the tower unit
    > and contains all necesary holes ?
    >
    > P.

    Video capture card.

    nos1eep, May 23, 2005
  4. zwixxx

    Frank Guest

    "zwixxx" <> wrote in message
    > My video player (like most) has a scart output thing.
    > I have a cable with scart plug on one end, and 3 pins on other - 2
    > audio and 1 visual. I want to connect these pins to my computer but it
    > doesn't have audio-in, or an s-video input hole.
    > Is there some hardware thing I can buy which fits inside the tower unit
    > and contains all necesary holes ?
    >
    > P.

    Do you have a DV camera or access to one?
    If your PC has a firewire connection (IEEE 1394)
    You can use that as "pass through".
    Assuming your "Video player" has a S-video out
    Connect VTR to DV camera via S-video
    Connect DV camcorder to PC via firewire.
    Select "playback" on camcorder.
    You require software to capture the footage.
    I use Nero6 and/or Roxio.
    You can use Windows movie maker, click link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/21/dvpassthrough.mspx

    There are a number of external standalone devices that
    do the process, but avoid USB connections, this is notorious
    for frame dropping. (Audio and Video rapidly become out of
    sync because of frame dropping. - avoid USB)
    Pinnacle do an-all-one external hub with all connections and
    with a firewire host connection:
    http://www.sub.co.uk/index.php?sec=proddisplay&mcat=2&mscat=6&mid=172&category=869

    There are any number of internal PCI cards for video capture,
    having S-video and composite, Maplins do the Aver for £10
    again you will require software for capture.

    Frank, May 23, 2005
  5. zwixxx

    Paul Kersey Guest

    ATI makes All-In-Wonder card that will allow you to connect a vcr/camera
    with RCA/SVideo connectors. www.ati.com Check ebay for used cards for a
    good price.

    Paul Kersey, May 23, 2005
  6. zwixxx

    zwixxx Guest

    Thanx for the pointers.
    Right after asking the question I saw in Currys (or ws it Dixons?) a
    box-type-thing (dazzle-digital video creator 90) which connects to the
    video player via 3-pins (2x audio + 1 vid) and connects to computer via
    a USB port (at ~£50).
    I think, in the future, I should hold back from posing questions which
    I can easily answer myself via the local computer shop.

    P.

    zwixxx, May 24, 2005