    connection available at the remote end to connect back to the WRT100.

    How can I configure the WRT54G to accomplish this?

    , Jan 5, 2008

  2. Jim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have two Linksys wireless routers.
    >
    > The FIRST is a WRT100 that is connected to the Cable modem.
    > With a LAN IP of 192.168.251.1 and DHCP turned on (range
    > 192.168.251.100 to 149).
    >
    > The second is a WRT54G.
    > With a LAN IP of 192.168.251.7 and DHCP turned on (range
    > 192.168.251.200 to 149).
    >
    > I would like to setup the WRT54G on the network and utilize its
    > wireless capability to provide a wireless access point. I have a CAT5
    > connection available at the remote end to connect back to the WRT100.
    >
    > How can I configure the WRT54G to accomplish this?

    Isn't this subject discussed in the fine manual?
    Jim

    Jim, Jan 5, 2008

  3. Hi
    May be this can Help.
    How do I use a Wireless Cable/DSL Router as a Switch with an Access Point -
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 5, 2008
  4. Suzy Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >>I have two Linksys wireless routers.
    >>
    >> The FIRST is a WRT100 that is connected to the Cable modem.
    >> With a LAN IP of 192.168.251.1 and DHCP turned on (range
    >> 192.168.251.100 to 149).
    >>
    >> The second is a WRT54G.
    >> With a LAN IP of 192.168.251.7 and DHCP turned on (range
    >> 192.168.251.200 to 149).
    >>
    >> I would like to setup the WRT54G on the network and utilize its
    >> wireless capability to provide a wireless access point. I have a CAT5
    >> connection available at the remote end to connect back to the WRT100.
    >>
    >> How can I configure the WRT54G to accomplish this?

    > Isn't this subject discussed in the fine manual?
    > Jim

    Jim, what does "fine" manual mean? Is it a special networking term? (serious
    question from newbie)

    Suzy, Jan 5, 2008
  5. Lem Guest

    Suzy wrote:
    > "Jim" <> wrote in message
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> I have two Linksys wireless routers.
    >>>
    >>> The FIRST is a WRT100 that is connected to the Cable modem.
    >>> With a LAN IP of 192.168.251.1 and DHCP turned on (range
    >>> 192.168.251.100 to 149).
    >>>
    >>> The second is a WRT54G.
    >>> With a LAN IP of 192.168.251.7 and DHCP turned on (range
    >>> 192.168.251.200 to 149).
    >>>
    >>> I would like to setup the WRT54G on the network and utilize its
    >>> wireless capability to provide a wireless access point. I have a CAT5
    >>> connection available at the remote end to connect back to the WRT100.
    >>>
    >>> How can I configure the WRT54G to accomplish this?

    >> Isn't this subject discussed in the fine manual?
    >> Jim

    > Jim, what does "fine" manual mean? Is it a special networking term? (serious
    > question from newbie)

    He's paraphrasing and sanitizing the typical curt response "RTFM"
    (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=rtfm&btnG=Google Search).

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    Lem, Jan 5, 2008
  6. Suzy Guest

    "Lem" <> wrote in message
    > Suzy wrote:
    >> "Jim" <> wrote in message
    >>> <> wrote in message

    >>> Isn't this subject discussed in the fine manual?
    >>> Jim

    >> Jim, what does "fine" manual mean? Is it a special networking term?
    >> (serious question from newbie)

    > He's paraphrasing and sanitizing the typical curt response "RTFM"
    > (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=rtfm&btnG=Google Search).
    >
    > --
    > Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    Thanks. I thought it was some technical term! (Ruddy newbies...)

    Suzy, Jan 5, 2008
  7. Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 09:28:58 -0800 (PST), ""
    <> wrote:

    >I have two Linksys wireless routers.
    >
    >The FIRST is a WRT100 that is connected to the Cable modem.
    >With a LAN IP of 192.168.251.1 and DHCP turned on (range
    >192.168.251.100 to 149).
    >
    >The second is a WRT54G.
    >With a LAN IP of 192.168.251.7 and DHCP turned on (range
    >192.168.251.200 to 149).
    >
    >I would like to setup the WRT54G on the network and utilize its
    >wireless capability to provide a wireless access point. I have a CAT5
    >connection available at the remote end to connect back to the WRT100.
    >
    >How can I configure the WRT54G to accomplish this?

    Disable the DHCP server on the WRT54G, and connect a LAN port on the WRT100 to a
    LAN port on the WRT54G.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-on-lan-with-two-routers.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-on-lan-with-two-routers.html

    --