    Can I do a connection with this hardware?

    If so, what am I missing in this setup?

    Thanks,
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIE1leWVy?=, Dec 17, 2005

  2. See this adhoc guide for help...

    http://www.geocities.com/grieg_winter/adhoc/index.html

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Dec 17, 2005

  3. On the write up it states that initially you will connect with an IP of
    169.254.x.x then, in about 30 seconds a new IP will be assigned with and
    address of 192.168.x.x and only then are you connected correctly. My
    connection never advances past the 169.254.x.x stage. Therefore I am never
    able to access anything past the wireless card.

    Any more ideas?

    Thanks,
    Tom

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIE1leWVy?=, Dec 17, 2005
  4. Nope...

    I don't do adhoc with my iPAQ... You might consider purchasing a broadband
    router/wireless access point instead. They are pretty inexpensive and make a
    lot more sense than screwing around with adhoc and ICS, IMHO... Personally,
    I use a Buffalo WBR-G54...

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/LAN/LAN.jpg

    ....which also supports WPA-PSK (TKIP) for security of the wireless link. I
    connect flawlessly with my iPAQ 5555. Of course this presumes your PDA
    (which is what manufacturer and model?) also supports WPA.

    You might post this question to the microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless news
    group if this is a PocketPC...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Dec 17, 2005