    So do I just have to delete that network totally, and start again?

    Thanks!-
    Vanewbie
    =?Utf-8?B?dmFuZXdiaWU=?=, Jan 28, 2007

  2. On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:03:01 -0800, vanewbie
    <> wrote:
    >I created one network myself and carefully wrote down the WEP but now when I
    >type it in, the message is "incorrect WEP".

    It has been awhile since I did this, but I think that part of the
    network wizard process is to create a "transfer disk" (may be the
    wrong term) which you may then load into the target computer to be
    sure your settings are correct

    If you have a USB ram drive, I think it will work

    TigerJohn aka
    John Thomas Smith
    Personal Page and CatInfo FAQ
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
    Wife Approved & Named RedHeadedGirlfriend
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/RedSeat.jpg

    Direct 2 U Pond Emporium
    Compare Our Pond Prices !!!
    Pumps/Filters/Liner/Accessories
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    John Thomas Smith, Jan 28, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?dmFuZXdiaWU=?=

    Jim Guest

    "vanewbie" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Fujitsu S Series Lifebook laptop and am using a 2Wire 2700 HG-E
    > Router.
    >
    > My laptop can detect several wireless networks, but cannot connect to
    > them.
    >
    > I created one network myself and carefully wrote down the WEP but now when
    > type it in, the message is "incorrect WEP".
    >
    > So is there any way I can find the WEP for that network? I guess not, r
    > that
    > would kind of defeat the purpose of havnig a WEP in the first place!
    >
    > So do I just have to delete that network totally, and start again?
    >
    > Thanks!-
    > Vanewbie

    The router knows the key.
    Nevertheless, it is very difficult to get the key correct. It took me
    several shots even when I had the laptop next to the computer which was
    logged into the router and had the router displaying the key.

    In fact, entering the key correctly can take longer than all the rest of the
    setup combined.

    No, I would not start over.

    Jim
    Jim, Jan 28, 2007
  4. Hi
    Generate a key in the Router.
    Copy the actual Hex string, and paste it in the Wireless computer security
    entry.
    This is an example from my Wireless Router,
    http://www.ezlan.net/example/wep_pass.jpg
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 29, 2007