    XP is so much better - even explorer has been tampered with!

    Thanks,
    J.

    Jason, Sep 10, 2010

  2. Jason

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Jason.

    Microsoft never created any Win7 newsgroups. And now, as you may not have
    heard, they are closing ALL their public newsgroups and will close their
    msnews.microsoft.com public news server next month, October 2010. In the
    message from posted here 8/31/10, they said:

    "Effective September 12, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed."

    On Usenet, many news servers carry this group already and will PROBABLY
    continue to carry the MS public NGs for some time, but that will be decided
    by managers of those servers.

    There is a newsgroup for Win7 on Usenet already, for a year now. It has
    been very active and useful, although the trolls have made it hard to deal
    with. See if your Usenet server carries: alt.windows7.general

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64

    "Jason" wrote in message news:...

    Can't find windows 7 newsgroup so posting here. I managed to connect my
    Windows XP Pro computer to new Windows 7 laptop. I could access the laptop
    from the XP PC but the Laptop was asking for password for computername\user
    when trying to connect to the XP machine - the computer name shows up under
    network but that's all.

    Today I can't connect either way - even pinging the ip address of the XP
    machine doesn't work. Also the network properties had changed to public so i
    changed it back to private. Why is it saying unidentified network? Also
    network discovery and file sharing is turned off - so I have to turn this on
    AGAIN too!

    R. C. White, Sep 10, 2010