    appreciated.
    Thanks for any help.
    CC :)

    cheekycharlie, Apr 29, 2004

  2. cheekycharlie

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel cheekycharlie
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > Hi
    > I am running Win XP Home, Using IE and OE6. I am also on broadband.
    > Everytime I want to log on
    > to the internet I have to go through Outlook Express. This brings a
    > box up asking me to connect.
    > Is there a quicker way to access the internet e.g. by putting a
    > shortcut on my desktop or task bar etc? Any other help in this area
    > would also be appreciated.
    > Thanks for any help.
    > CC :)

    Other help: a suggestion - if you want to be totally ignored, change the
    subject and copy and paste your text into yet another post.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 29, 2004

  3. cheekycharlie wrote:

    > Hi
    > I am running Win XP Home, Using IE and OE6. I am also on broadband.
    > Everytime I want to log on
    > to the internet I have to go through Outlook Express. This brings a box up
    > asking me to connect.
    > Is there a quicker way to access the internet e.g. by putting a shortcut on
    > my desktop or task bar etc? Any other help in this area would also be
    > appreciated.
    > Thanks for any help.
    > CC :)

    If you are on broadband.... omg, there goes that deja vu
    again...

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 29, 2004
  4. Hey sorry about the repost...just call it a typo...lol

    cheekycharlie, Apr 29, 2004
  5. any other help would be appreciated...I switch off the puter at night....

    cheekycharlie, Apr 29, 2004
  6. cheekycharlie

    Paddy Guest

    Contact your ISP for info!
    Who is your provider?

    Paddy, Apr 30, 2004
  7. cheekycharlie

    trout Guest

    cheekycharlie wrote:

    > any other help would be appreciated...I switch off the puter at
    > night.... "cheekycharlie" <> wrote
    > in message news:c6r2gm$j4j$...
    >> Hi
    >> I am running Win XP Home, Using IE and OE6. I am also on broadband.
    >> Everytime I want to log on
    >> to the internet I have to go through Outlook Express. This brings a
    >> box up asking me to connect.
    >> Is there a quicker way to access the internet e.g. by putting a
    >> shortcut on my desktop or task bar etc? Any other help in this area
    >> would also be appreciated.
    >> Thanks for any help.
    >> CC :)

    Uh, I don't get it. A broadband connection is generally 'always on'
    (and is still 'just there' when you turn your computer back on. You
    can't just click a short-cut icon to your browser from Desktop,
    Quick-launch bar, or Start Menu?
    If you don't have (for whatever reason) a shortcut to IE; navigate
    to the program .exe (something like C:\Program Files\Internet
    Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE), right-click; send to; desktop (create shortcut).
    You should be able to either use it from there, or drag it down to
    the Quick-launch bar (first making sure that 'toolbars are unlocked').
    Or, if you already have a shortcut on your Start Menu; just
    right-click and copy/ paste to where you want it.
    --
    "Unless I've totally missed something, here."

    trout, Apr 30, 2004