    the only network I can connect to is my neighbor's PC.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Dan

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Jan 22, 2005

  2. Sounds like your AP is set up with the default SSID and channel just like
    your neighbor's. Change your SSID to something else and also select a different
    channel. Best channel numbers are 1, 6, or 11; if you're already on one of
    these three, then select another.

    Steve Riley

    Steve Riley [MSFT], Jan 22, 2005

  3. Thanks for the help, Steve. Unfortunately, while I know a decent amount about
    computers, I know almost nothing about wireless networking. How would I
    change the SSID / channel?

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Jan 22, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    You probably can use the original Utility that came with the Hardware.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jan 22, 2005
  5. "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the help, Steve. Unfortunately, while I know a decent amount
    > about
    > computers, I know almost nothing about wireless networking. How would I
    > change the SSID / channel?

    You'd be doing your neighbor a favor by telling hi his network is
    unsecured - he needs to use some encyription so no one can connect to it.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jan 22, 2005