    everytime I try to access the explorer a box comes up with Welcome to MSN
    explorer. Can someone tell me what I need to do? I'm not even sure I make
    sense. Sorry
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Dec 28, 2005

  2. Chris, I'm not quite sure what problem you are speaking of. Perhaps you can
    give a little more information. When you configured your router, did you
    give your wireless network of name? If so, does your computer (laptop) show
    a signal from that wireless network (either the network name that you gave
    it, or "default") with good signal strength?

    If your laptop computer is NOT PICKING UP A SIGNAL FROM YOUR NETWORK at all,
    then here are a few things to look at. If you happen to have a D-Link
    router, then you would configure it on the Internet at a web site. Under the
    wireless configuration for the router, do you have the radio transmission
    button enabled? Do you have the wireless function enabled on your laptop? I
    only ask that (it might seem like a silly question) because more than once I
    have accidentally pushed the wireless button on my laptop turning off
    wireless capabilities. My laptop has a button for that right on the front.
    One other thing to try on the wireless router configuration is selecting
    different channels. I believe I have a choice from channel 1 through 13, and
    it came set at a default of six. I believe some channels enable me to pick
    up a signal better than some other channels.

    Or is that not the problem, you can pick up a very good signal, but you
    cannot connect? If so, can you connect to other WiFi networks? If so, could
    the problem be that your home network is encrypted, and you have not copied
    the encryption to the configuration on your laptop?

    Or is the problem that there is a signal, and you can connect, but web pages
    will not come up?

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbHlCb2I=?=, Dec 29, 2005