Connecting to https

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by John, May 7, 2006.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi,

    I have two home computers running XP professional with a wireless connection
    through a Netgear router. The second computer is some 40 to 50 feet away
    through two brick walls so the signal is not good, but is adequate for most
    browsing.

    There is no problem on the first computer. On the remote computer normal
    http pages are fine but I am unable to connect to any site which uses https.
    This happens in four different browsers so it seems unlikely to be a browser
    setting. I found one Microsoft knowledge base article but the advice given
    didn't work. I have found no windows, firewall or browser settings which
    made a difference.

    I realise that this may not be a wireless network issue but if it is I would
    be grateful for any assistance anyone could offer---or point me to the
    correct newsgroup!

    Thanks for anyone's help

    John

    John, May 7, 2006