    laptop aswell?
    --
    Jordan

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9yZHkyNg==?=, Nov 30, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9yZHkyNg==?=

    Malke Guest

    Jordy26 wrote:

    > How do i connect my wireless laptop to my p.c, so i can use its
    > printer and as the p.c has a virus, will connecting to it mean the
    > virus will get onto my laptop aswell?

    Yes, you must clean up your desktop first or there is a good possibility
    that the laptop will also become infected. If you do not have an
    antivirus installed (recent version no earlier than 2004 with active
    subscription and updated definitions), start scanning with either
    Sysclean (first link below) or Dave Lipman's Multi-AV (second link).

    http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm

    After your initial scan with Sysclean or Multi-AV, get a full-featured
    av, install it, update it, and do a thorough scan in Safe Mode. It
    would be wise to also scan for non-viral malware per the instructions
    at the first link.

    Then you can address networking your computers. How you do it depends on
    whether or not you have a router, broadband or dialup, etc. and you
    haven't told us any of that. If you have broadband, the easiest way to
    network is to buy a wireless router. Here are some general links to
    help you with that:

    Linksys Learning Center - http://tinyurl.com/8ka4w

    Wireless - Basic Configuration -
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Nov 30, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9yZHkyNg==?=

    Ryan Younger Guest

    Yes, I would reccomend downloading McAfee stinger and scanning your desktop
    machine first:

    http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

    You should ensure that have an antivirus product installed on your computer
    which is kept up-to-date and features real-time protection. It would also
    be wise to install a malware detection and removal tool such as Microsoft
    AntiSpyware (Beta) and enable the real-time agents:

    When you are sure that your desktop machine is clean, if you have a wireless
    adapter within your desktop machine you can setup an adhoc network as per
    the following article:

    Sharing an Internet Connection Wirelessly (Windows XP Service Pack 2)

    http://www.ryanyounger.plus.com/wireless/article.htm

    Alternatively, you could purchase a wireless access point/router or combined
    ADSL modem with wireless router combo. Exactly what you purchase depends on
    your current setup.

    --
    All the best,

    Ryan Younger.