connecting to catalyst 2950

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by shakespire, May 28, 2006.

  1. shakespire

    shakespire Guest

    shakespire, May 28, 2006

  2. shakespire

    chris Guest

    chris, May 28, 2006

  3. shakespire

    shakespire Guest

    I dont have tried, now I dont have access to it with a laptop
    shakespire, May 29, 2006
  4. shakespire

    nirsh Guest

    well if you've never configured an ip address on it then you can't
    connect to it via IP (telnet) .

    you'll have to connect to it at first with a cisco console cable (a
    light blue cable) and configure it that way .
    nirsh, May 29, 2006
  5. shakespire

    shakespire Guest

    Oh, I understand, but I must to use the cisco cable? or any serial
    cable works?
    shakespire, May 30, 2006
  6. shakespire

    J Guest

    Specifically the Cisco roll-over console cable (light blue in color and
    flat, not round). That is unless you know the pinouts and make your
    own.

    J, May 30, 2006
  7. shakespire

    shakespire Guest