    is. I have a Sony Viao with a Linksys wireless card? Can anyone help.

    Thanks

    Tracy

    =?Utf-8?B?VHJhY3k=?=, Dec 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VHJhY3k=?=

    Ryan Younger Guest

    If you tell us what specific make and model of Vaio you have we can tell you
    this.

    Vaio's often have a button with a wireless antenna icon on, which can be
    pressed to enable the internal adapter, it is often on the front of the
    machine or above the keyboard. Also you should check that your wireless
    adapter is not disabled, if it is, you can right-click it and select Enable
    (in Windows XP click Start | Control Panel | Network Connections).

    --
    All the best,

    Ryan Younger.
    Networking Weblog

    Ryan Younger, Dec 4, 2005

  3. Re: Connecting Third Party Wireless Device to Livebox using Window

    Hiya Ryan

    My Vaio is PCG-K2 Series. I don't seem to be able to find anything that
    looks like a wireless antenna button though. Also I have the following
    networks:

    1394 Connection - Firewalled 1394 Net Adapter #2
    Local Area Connection
    Wireless Network Connection #3 - Firewalled 802.11g USB 2.0 adapter
    Wireless Network Connection #2 - Firewalled Wireless-B Notebook adapter

    So, I don't know which one to right-click and enable through Windows XP

    I also have another problem if I may be so cheeky as to ask:

    I have recently connected a mobile phone (bluetooth enabled but using a USB
    cable) to my PC, now the pc is recognising this other wireless connection as
    a threat and it is unsecure so now I have to enter a WEP key to connect to
    the internet. Is there a way around this so that I don't have to enter this
    quite lengthy code?

    Thanks in anticipation.

    Tracy

    =?Utf-8?B?VHJhY3k=?=, Dec 5, 2005