    in the set up instructions for the Linksys PAP2 but that has made no
    difference.

    Anyone have any suggestions or should I give up and buy a PAP2?

    BC, Jan 10, 2009

  2. BC

    BC Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > These instructions should help you configure the SPA appropriately, even
    > though they're written with the SPA3102 in mind
    >
    > <http://www.provu.co.uk/support_SPA-3102_SPA-3000.html>
    >
    > The SPA & PAP2 are, for all intents & purposes, identical.

    Thanks for that. Router still can't see the SPA. :-(

    BC, Jan 10, 2009

  3. BC

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:tI6al.18306$,
    BC <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    reason:
    : Jono wrote:
    :
    : >
    : > These instructions should help you configure the SPA appropriately,
    : > even though they're written with the SPA3102 in mind
    : >
    : > <http://www.provu.co.uk/support_SPA-3102_SPA-3000.html>
    : >
    : > The SPA & PAP2 are, for all intents & purposes, identical.
    : >
    : >
    :
    : Thanks for that. Router still can't see the SPA. :-(

    Actually the PAP2 is the equivalent of the SPA2000 not the 3102. It
    doesn't have a PSTN port but two independent phone ports.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 10, 2009
  4. BC

    Chris Davies Guest

    BC <> wrote:
    > I have now bought a D-Link DIR-635 router with QOS. I am trying to
    > connect the 2102 to act as an adaptor rather than a router, but whatever
    > settings I try I cannot get the D-Link to see the SPA.

    Connect the SPA using its "outside" interface, as if the D-Link is
    its ISP. Works a treat, here. Come back to me if you can't get it to
    work using the suggestions elsewhere in the thread.

    Chris

    Chris Davies, Jan 10, 2009
  5. BC

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    Jono <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    reason:
    : Ivor Jones explained :
    : > In news:tI6al.18306$,
    : > BC <> typed, for some strange,
    : > unexplained reason:
    : >> Jono wrote:
    : >>
    : >>>
    : >>> These instructions should help you configure the SPA
    : >>> appropriately, even though they're written with the SPA3102 in
    : >>> mind
    : >>>
    : >>> <http://www.provu.co.uk/support_SPA-3102_SPA-3000.html>
    : >>>
    : >>> The SPA & PAP2 are, for all intents & purposes, identical.
    : >>>
    : >>>
    : >>
    : >> Thanks for that. Router still can't see the SPA. :-(
    : >
    : > Actually the PAP2 is the equivalent of the SPA2000 not the 3102. It
    : > doesn't have a PSTN port but two independent phone ports.
    :
    :
    : I know. See my follow up.....and I think you meant the 2102, not the
    : 3102...

    Well the link quoted refers to the 3000/3102.

    : The point is, he can make his 2102 virtually the same as a 2000 which
    : is equivalent to a PAP2. No?

    Indeed.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 10, 2009
  6. BC

    BC Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > I'm not seeing your reply....It looks like Ivor replied to me, for some
    > reason.
    >
    > Anyway, how are you testing whether the router can see the SPA?

    The connection light on the router for the SPA does not light up and the
    SPA fails to connect.

    > Have you set the SPA to pick up an IP address by the D-Link's DHCP?

    Not sure. Which setting do I change for this?

    > Which RJ45 socket on the SPA is connected to the D-Link?

    The first one next to the power input point. Coloured blue marked Internet.

    > Have you done a reset? Always worth it.

    Many times.

    BC, Jan 10, 2009
  7. BC

    BC Guest

    Thanks for everyone's help, turned out the cable that came with the
    D-Link was not good!

    BC, Jan 11, 2009