    Xfer files to my Libretto (without the floppy drive)

    thanks
    charles

    charles, Jan 25, 2004

  2. charles

    philo Guest

    "charles" <> wrote in message
    news:4014269b$0$94603$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > i own a old Toshiba Libretto mini laptop still running W95. The Libretto
    > just have a floppy drive to connect to the 'outer world'. I used to use

    the
    > par. (printer) port to make a connection to another system. Since modern
    > Window version doesnt suport these par. par connections anymore, how can i
    > Xfer files to my Libretto (without the floppy drive)
    >
    > thanks
    > charles

    here is one option

    there may be some free alternatives

    http://www.filevan.com/link.html

    philo, Jan 25, 2004

  3. charles

    Trent© Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:27:11 +0100, "charles" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >i own a old Toshiba Libretto mini laptop still running W95. The Libretto
    >just have a floppy drive to connect to the 'outer world'. I used to use the
    >par. (printer) port to make a connection to another system. Since modern
    >Window version doesnt suport these par. par connections anymore, how can i
    >Xfer files to my Libretto (without the floppy drive)
    >
    >thanks
    >charles

    You might be able to use DOS INTERLNK.

    Or get a PCMCIA network card for the laptop.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese, man!

    Trent©, Jan 26, 2004
  4. charles

    Thor Guest

    "charles" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > i own a old Toshiba Libretto mini laptop still running W95. The Libretto
    > just have a floppy drive to connect to the 'outer world'. I used to use

    the
    > par. (printer) port to make a connection to another system. Since modern
    > Window version doesnt suport these par. par connections anymore, how can i
    > Xfer files to my Libretto (without the floppy drive)

    Windows XP does support direct parallel (laplink) connections. Use the files
    and settings transfer wizard in XP, or get a program like LinkMaven, or
    Laplink which both work fine in XP.

    Thor, Jan 26, 2004