    up the standard "home network" where multiple computers have access to one
    internet connection.

    Any help would be most appreciated!
    =?Utf-8?B?c2F2YW5uYWggc3BhcnJvdw==?=, Apr 3, 2006

  2. Yes, if both your computer and the printer are connected wirelessly or by
    cable to the router's LAN, then you can use the the printer provided it is
    properly installed/configured, etc. However, you cannot simultaneously
    establish a wireless connection to your modem and to your router unless
    these devices are properly connected or you have two wireless adapters in
    your computer.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "savannah sparrow" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > I have a new printer with a wired LAN port. I also have a router that

    sends
    > into which wired LAN connections can be plugged and which can send and
    > receive wireless transmission. Can I plug my printer into one of the
    > router's LAN ports and then communicate between my computer's wireless
    > adaptor and this router and control the printer this way? If so, how do I

    do
    > it? I cannot make heads of tails of all of the networking techie

    jibberish
    > (jargon, acronyms, etc.) in all of the help files.
    >
    > I also have a DSL modem with wireless transmission. My computer talks
    > directly to this modem via its wireless adaptor. Thus, I do not have the
    > router attached to this modem and want to avoid it if possible (due to

    home
    > configuration issues). Also I have no other computers at do not want to

    set

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Apr 3, 2006