    in order to transfer files.
    I have been given a suitable cable but need info on software that will allow
    me to backup files from my old PC to a newer one.
    fruitbat, Apr 13, 2004

  2. fruitbat

    Wizard Guest

    "Direct Cable Connection" which is part of Windoz. I will warn you that
    Serial is slower than greased owl shit. You really need to do this
    parallel.

    Wizard, Apr 13, 2004

  3. fruitbat

    Michael-NC Guest

    If you have any appreciable amount of data to transfer, I'd get a couple of
    7 dollar NICS and a 10 buck cross-over cable and have at it that way. Much
    faster. Most of the time the machine already has an Ethernet connection
    available.

    Michael-NC, Apr 13, 2004
  4. fruitbat

    Robert Baer Guest

    Wizard wrote:

    > "Direct Cable Connection" which is part of Windoz. I will warn you that
    > Serial is slower than greased owl shit. You really need to do this
    > parallel.
    >
    > fruitbat wrote:
    > >
    > > What software and setup do I need to connect two computers by serial cable
    > > in order to transfer files.
    > > I have been given a suitable cable but need info on software that will allow
    > > me to backup files from my old PC to a newer one.

    ....or put both hard drives in the same computer, power on, boot up and
    go *really* fast.
    Robert Baer, Apr 14, 2004