    Hope this reads ok.

    Many thanks,

    Stuart
    Stuart Turrell, Nov 19, 2004

  2. Stuart Turrell

    JR Guest

    Yes you should be able to do this...
    But why not connect a repeater to this areal so you can
    use your devices in your shed without the external
    antenna?
    JR

    meters away, and that's
    >connected to a yagi 15dB aerial.
    >My PC is 250 meters away from this router and it has a

    8db aerial connected
    >to it so they are networked wirelessly.
    >Now what I want to do is extend to include a laptop and

    a pocket pc 250
    >meters away from my house, so not only will my pc be

    able to be connected to
    >my router at that distance, i want my other devices to

    be able to as well,
    >and they obviously can detect the signal! by themselves!
    >
    >So can I connect another router to the 8db aerial

    instead of my pc???? thus

    JR, Nov 19, 2004

  3. how much is the difference in price from a router to a repeater?

    Stuart Turrell, Nov 20, 2004
  4. Stuart Turrell

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Because of the distance (250 meters), you probably would need two
    directional Antennae.

    One at the source and one at the clients.

    You would have to buy additional Hardware (beside the Antennae) depending on
    your preference, there are few options.

    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging1.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Nov 22, 2004