    (6) Images should play thru the TV - they do not

    What am I doing wrong?

    Chuck
    Pittsburgh bound, Jun 12, 2004

  2. Pittsburgh bound

    Chicha Guest

    "Pittsburgh bound" <> wrote in message news:<kjIyc.18340$>...
    > Can anyone give me detailed instructions on how to connect my Nikon CoolPix
    > 5400 camera to my TV so I can view the images on the TV? I have an old Sony
    > DVD player and an old RCA 27" TV. I have followed these instructions from
    > the Nikon help pages and they don't work.
    >
    > (1) Turn camera off
    > (2) Connect the camera via the supplied video cable to the front of the VHS
    > tape player (I plugged both leads into VCR)
    > (3) Turn TV on and set to channel 3 and turn Sony VHS tape player to on.
    > (4) Turn camera on
    > 5) Set camera to second icon, right after the one used to take photos
    > (6) Images should play thru the TV - they do not
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Chuck

    Plug you camera into contacts where output FROM your VCR is connected.

    That is, change VCR for camera -- camera should serve as VCR (in place of VCR).

    If that works, think about more complicated connection.

    Many TV sets have several inputs nowadays, all equals.
    You can connect VCR, Digital Camera, DVD or whatever you have to TV
    simultaneously and switch between them with 'input' button of your
    TV remote control.

    I could not believe instructionis in you post are exactly from Nikon manual.
    They look like your interpretation of them (too specific).

    HTH.

    Nick.
    Chicha, Jun 13, 2004

  3. Thanks. That's where I got them. They did not work. Here's what did work.

    CONNECT NIKON COOLPIX 5400 CAMERA TO TV

    Sony VCR model # SLV-778HF

    (1) Turn camera off
    (2) Connect the camera via the supplied video cable to the front of the VHS
    tape player (plug yellow lead into the VCR's front video input jack)
    (3) Turn TV on and set to channel 3 and turn Sony VHS tape player to on.

    (4) Use the "INPUT SELECT" button on VCR remote and press until "line 2"
    appears

    (5) Camera images should be visible on TV

    (6) Turn camera on
    (7) Set camera to second icon, right after the one used to take photos
    (8) Images can be changed via the jog dial on the camera

    (9) Get rid of display data images with camera controls

    Pittsburgh bound, Jun 13, 2004