    and vice versa, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

    I am completely confused.

    Help?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlkbmlnaHRFeWVz?=, Feb 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWlkbmlnaHRFeWVz?=

    george Guest

    "MidnightEyes" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a pc connected to a cable modem, that is running windows ME.
    > My lap top is connected wireless via a netgrear router and is running XP.
    >
    > I would like to be able to transfer some files from the pc to the lap top
    > and vice versa, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this.
    >
    > I am completely confused.
    >
    > Help?

    Is there any form of physical connection between the cable modem and your
    netgear router?
    If not, it will come down to eg. putting the stuff on a CD on one system and
    reading it off the CD on the other.
    If there is, then reading up on a possible solution at
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/ might help you.

    hth

    george

    george, Feb 17, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWlkbmlnaHRFeWVz?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Hopefully you have a network. I.e. the cable modem is connected to the WAN
    side of a Wireless Cable/DSL Router, the WinME computer is plugged into the
    Router, and the Laptop is connecting to the Router Wirelessly.
    If it so you have to configure Windows Network Sharing:
    www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    Otherwise you should describe in more details what the nature of you
    connections is.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 17, 2005