    I not really good with the technicals, but I thought it would be easy enough
    through the wizards.

    Please help.
    =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYSBUaG9tYXMtQmF0ZXM=?=, Sep 25, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYSBUaG9tYXMtQmF0ZXM=?=

    MikeB Guest

    Lisa Thomas-Bates wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have just upgrade to Broadband, and purchased a Belkin 4 port modem /
    > router. My main computer is connected to the internet.
    >
    > I want to connect 3 laptops in the house through the wireless networking and
    > have gone through the wizards and still can't get it to work.
    >
    > Each laptop has the network adapator on it, but when I try to connect to the
    > internet through the laptops it says something along the lines of there being
    > no wirless network connection.
    >
    > What am I missing?
    >
    > Can someone give me a run down of how I should be connecting these as
    > clearly I am doing something wrong.
    >
    > I not really good with the technicals, but I thought it would be easy enough
    > through the wizards.
    >
    > Please help.

    Hi Lisa, what model Belkin router is it you have... I mean - it is a
    *wireless* modem router right? Not just a broadband router?
    Assuming it's a wireless router, then can you post some info on what
    configuration you've done to set up the wireless network in the router?
    Thats the first step, before configuring any of the laptops..
    Mike
    MikeB, Sep 25, 2006

  3. Hi

    "Lisa Thomas-Bates" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 26, 2006
  4. Hi
    You should build a peer-to-peer Network around a Wireless Cable/DSL Router.
    It should look like this: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    In addition, read this short faqs.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#onewire
    About Wireless.
    Configure and secure the Wireless/
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Lisa Thomas-Bates" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 26, 2006
  5. Thank you. I have resolved the problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYSBUaG9tYXMtQmF0ZXM=?=, Sep 27, 2006
  6. Thank you. I have resolved the problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYSBUaG9tYXMtQmF0ZXM=?=, Sep 27, 2006
  7. Hi Lisa, i take it you would be using the computers like a small office
    network? if so you could try going into my network places and click on Set up
    a home or small office network. i take it all our laptops have been up graded
    to broadband? If not maybe you should try that.
    --
    over and out

    =?Utf-8?B?am9obmQ=?=, Sep 29, 2006