    The compaq has XP home while the dell has Windows ME.

    Thanks

    , Jan 22, 2006

  2. Yddap Guest

    In news:,
    <> opined very noisily:
    > I have a compaq presario, new, laptop and a dell dimension 4300 tower.
    > Both are in my company supplied truck. (18 wheeler that is)
    > What I would like to do is to connect the two so that I can access the
    > files on the tower and not have to transfer them to another storage
    > device.
    > The laptop has minimal connecting outlets.
    > The compaq has two usb ports while the tower has 6.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas on what would be the simplest or best way to
    > connect the two so I can use the tower at the same time as the laptop?
    >
    > The compaq has XP home while the dell has Windows ME.
    >
    > Thanks

    Get Wi Fi on both
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply

    Yddap, Jan 22, 2006

  3. Unk Guest

    On 21 Jan 2006 16:38:26 -0800, wrote:

    >I have a compaq presario, new, laptop and a dell dimension 4300 tower.
    >Both are in my company supplied truck. (18 wheeler that is)
    >What I would like to do is to connect the two so that I can access the
    >files on the tower and not have to transfer them to another storage
    >device.
    >The laptop has minimal connecting outlets.
    >The compaq has two usb ports while the tower has 6.
    >
    >Anyone have any ideas on what would be the simplest or best way to
    >connect the two so I can use the tower at the same time as the laptop?
    >
    >The compaq has XP home while the dell has Windows ME.
    >
    >Thanks

    Direct cable, Crossover cable...
    http://www.makeitsimple.com/how-to/simple.htm
    http://smallnetbuilder.com/FAQ-27-General Networking-0.php#241
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/dccmain.html
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/qa/qa20021104.shtml
    http://www.performit.co.uk/network/

    Unk, Jan 22, 2006
  4. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    spewed forth:
    > I have a compaq presario, new, laptop and a dell dimension 4300 tower.
    > Both are in my company supplied truck. (18 wheeler that is)
    > What I would like to do is to connect the two so that I can access the
    > files on the tower and not have to transfer them to another storage
    > device.
    > The laptop has minimal connecting outlets.
    > The compaq has two usb ports while the tower has 6.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas on what would be the simplest or best way to
    > connect the two so I can use the tower at the same time as the laptop?
    >
    > The compaq has XP home while the dell has Windows ME.
    >
    > Thanks

    Truck? Richard? Stupid question? Can this possibly be the return of RTS?

    --
    Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
    probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 22, 2006
  5. Oldus Fartus Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > Truck? Richard? Stupid question? Can this possibly be the return of RTS?

    Yep - little dick is back!

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Jan 22, 2006
  6. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:43d4097a$0$3564$,
    Oldus Fartus spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >

    >> Truck? Richard? Stupid question? Can this possibly be the return of
    >> RTS?

    > Yep - little dick is back!

    That's what I was afraid of.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 22, 2006