    a pc input. I should still be able to use s-video though shouldn't I?

    Many Thanks in advance

    Jamie

    Jamie&Rachel, Mar 13, 2006

  2. Jamie&Rachel wrote:
    > I am having trouble getting my laptop to connect to my tv, I am using the
    > monitor output on the back of the laptop to s-video but the tv doesn't pick
    > up a signal also in the display settings on windows it does not identify
    > that I have plugged something into the monitor output on the laptop.
    > I have tried connecting the s-video direct to s-video in on the lcd tv also
    > tried it into a scart adapter to no avail. I have tried it with my spare
    > laptop and there is still no results.
    > Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong??
    > I have ordered a d-sub cable to try connecting it that way as the lcd tv has
    > a pc input. I should still be able to use s-video though shouldn't I?
    >
    > Many Thanks in advance
    >
    > Jamie

    I use the s-vid out on mine to connect to the TV.
    I have a key stroke combination that cycles through laptop display only,
    laptop and external displays and external display only. It's got LCD/CRT
    written on the key.
    Perhaps your laptop has something similar?

    ::Your Name Here::, Mar 13, 2006

  3. Jamie&Rachel

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:07:28 +0000, Jamie&Rachel wrote:

    > I am having trouble getting my laptop to connect to my tv, I am using the
    > monitor output on the back of the laptop to s-video but the tv doesn't pick
    > up a signal also in the display settings on windows it does not identify
    > that I have plugged something into the monitor output on the laptop.
    > I have tried connecting the s-video direct to s-video in on the lcd tv also
    > tried it into a scart adapter to no avail. I have tried it with my spare
    > laptop and there is still no results.
    > Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong??
    > I have ordered a d-sub cable to try connecting it that way as the lcd tv has
    > a pc input. I should still be able to use s-video though shouldn't I?
    >
    > Many Thanks in advance
    >
    > Jamie

    The resolution of the laptop may be out of the range of your LCD TV. Try
    setting it to 640x480.

    Meat Plow, Mar 13, 2006
  4. Jamie&Rachel

    Jamie&Rachel Guest

    > I use the s-vid out on mine to connect to the TV.
    > I have a key stroke combination that cycles through laptop display only,
    > laptop and external displays and external display only. It's got LCD/CRT
    > written on the key.
    > Perhaps your laptop has something similar?

    Its a Sony Vaio and there is a funcion button but when pressed it just
    displays the actual monitor on the laptop icon. Also I cannot set the
    resolution of the sony laptops screen lower than 800x600, but the lcd tv
    which is a 37" samsung le3241bd if that helps should be capable of high
    resolution displays as it says in the manual. It does not provide any
    trouble shooters to get pc to show neither does my laptop manual, they both
    just explain that this is where to plug it in.

    Cheers

    Jamie

    Jamie&Rachel, Mar 13, 2006
  5. On 2006-03-13, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Jamie&Rachel gibbered insanely:

    >> I use the s-vid out on mine to connect to the TV.
    >> I have a key stroke combination that cycles through laptop display only,
    >> laptop and external displays and external display only. It's got LCD/CRT
    >> written on the key.
    >> Perhaps your laptop has something similar?

    > Its a Sony Vaio and there is a funcion button but when pressed it just
    > displays the actual monitor on the laptop icon. Also I cannot set the
    > resolution of the sony laptops screen lower than 800x600, but the lcd tv
    > which is a 37" samsung le3241bd if that helps should be capable of high
    > resolution displays as it says in the manual. It does not provide any
    > trouble shooters to get pc to show neither does my laptop manual, they both
    > just explain that this is where to plug it in.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Jamie

    Try going to Display Properties>Advanced and see if there are any settings
    to change outputs. My Radeon drivers have such options available to enable
    various settings/monitors.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I like cats. They taste just like ol' dead chicken.

    The Old Sourdough, Mar 13, 2006
  6. Jamie&Rachel

    Jamie&Rachel Guest

    > Try going to Display Properties>Advanced and see if there are any settings
    > to change outputs. My Radeon drivers have such options available to enable
    > various settings/monitors.
    >
    > --

    I have looked all I can find is the options where it shows you

    Default Single display
    Switch amongst displays - ive tried changing these but no change...
    Hotkey None
    Monitor Not Connected
    Panel Connected
    TV Not connected

    The Monitor and TV icons are unable to be clicked on but the panel which is
    connected (my laptop screen) can be clicked on.

    Regards
    Jamie

    Jamie&Rachel, Mar 13, 2006
  7. On 2006-03-13, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Jamie&Rachel gibbered insanely:

    The Old Sourdough, Mar 13, 2006
  8. Jamie&Rachel

    Jamie&Rachel Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message

    ??

    Jamie&Rachel, Mar 13, 2006
  9. On 2006-03-13, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, The Old Sourdough gibbered insanely:
    > On 2006-03-13, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Jamie&Rachel gibbered insanely:
    >>
    >>> Try going to Display Properties>Advanced and see if there are any settings
    >>> to change outputs. My Radeon drivers have such options available to enable
    >>> various settings/monitors.
    >>>
    >>> --

    >> I have looked all I can find is the options where it shows you
    >>
    >> Default Single display
    >> Switch amongst displays - ive tried changing these but no change...
    >> Hotkey None
    >> Monitor Not Connected
    >> Panel Connected
    >> TV Not connected
    >>
    >> The Monitor and TV icons are unable to be clicked on but the panel which is
    >> connected (my laptop screen) can be clicked on.

    I don't know what happened with that empty post,but here goes again.
    When I hook up an S-video cable to my card and to a TV, I can then select
    what I want to do with the output. I'd say that "TV not connected" is
    a place to start.

    The Old Sourdough, Mar 13, 2006
  10. Jamie&Rachel

    dogsBollix Guest

    The Old Sourdough <> wrote in

    > On 2006-03-13, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Jamie&Rachel gibbered
    > insanely:
    >>
    >>> Try going to Display Properties>Advanced and see if there are any
    >>> settings to change outputs. My Radeon drivers have such options
    >>> available to enable various settings/monitors.
    >>>
    >>> --

    >> I have looked all I can find is the options where it shows you
    >>
    >> Default Single display
    >> Switch amongst displays - ive tried changing these but no change...
    >> Hotkey None
    >> Monitor Not Connected
    >> Panel Connected
    >> TV Not connected
    >>
    >> The Monitor and TV icons are unable to be clicked on but the panel
    >> which is connected (my laptop screen) can be clicked on.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Jamie

    you may need to enable and configure the s-video out in the laptop bios

    dB

    dogsBollix, Mar 13, 2006
  11. Jamie&Rachel

    Jamie&Rachel Guest

    "dogsBollix" <> wrote in message

    > you may need to enable and configure the s-video out in the laptop bios
    >
    > dB

    thanks db but whilst at work last night i "borrowed" me a d-sub vga
    connection cable and now it works just fine. Thanks all for your helps.

    Jamie

    Jamie&Rachel, Mar 14, 2006
  12. On 2006-03-14, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Jamie&Rachel gibbered:

    > "dogsBollix" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> you may need to enable and configure the s-video out in the laptop bios
    >>
    >> dB

    > thanks db but whilst at work last night i "borrowed" me a d-sub vga
    > connection cable and now it works just fine. Thanks all for your helps.

    Ah, that indication that no monitor was connected was correct, wasn't it?
    Glad you got it working. :)

    The Old Sourdough, Mar 14, 2006