  1. I was bought a windows xp laptop for christmas and want to know what pieces
    of equipment i need to buy to be able to connect to the broadband internet
    connection that i already have with my desktop computer?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGViel93Njk=?=, Dec 27, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZGViel93Njk=?=

    Malke Guest

    debz_w69 wrote:

    > I was bought a windows xp laptop for christmas and want to know what
    > pieces of equipment i need to buy to be able to connect to the
    > broadband internet connection that i already have with my desktop
    > computer?

    You need a wireless router. Your new laptop probably came with a
    wireless adapter built in - check your manual or the laptop mftr.'s
    website for specs. If it didn't, then you need a wireless network
    adapter. Here's a website from Linksys that is good about helping
    visualize what you need:

    Linksys Learning Center - http://tinyurl.com/8ka4w

    And here are some sites that will help you set things up properly:

    Wireless - Basic Configuration -

    Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Dec 27, 2005

  3. Is there a cable that two computers can connect directly through their
    network adapters? If so, what is the setup? sshannonhouse

    =?Utf-8?B?c3NoYW5ub25ob3VzZQ==?=, Oct 27, 2006
  4. Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/direct.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 27, 2006