    When i switch my computer it connects to the internet, i ticked a box once
    to allow this but can't work out how to reverse this. Is there an easy way
    to find which programe is starting the connection
    David, Nov 11, 2003

  2. David

    Les Stewart Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When i switch my computer it connects to the internet, i ticked a box once
    > to allow this but can't work out how to reverse this. Is there an easy way
    > to find which programe is starting the connection

    One way:

    With Internet Explorer open: Click TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > CONNECTIONS >
    SETTINGS

    Remove the password and OK your way out. It will not try to dial without the
    password.
    --
    Les Stewart
    Beaumont, TX
    Les Stewart, Nov 11, 2003

  3. David

    Brian H¹© Guest

    David said:

    > When i switch my computer it connects to the internet, i ticked a box once
    > to allow this but can't work out how to reverse this. Is there an easy way
    > to find which programe is starting the connection

    Have you tried looking at Internet Options | Connections ?
    Brian H¹©, Nov 11, 2003
  4. David

    °Mike° Guest

    Control your startups:
    ----------------------
    StartupList
    http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

    Startup Monitor
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

    Startup Control Panel
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    Check what's necessary and what isn't
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_all.php

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:06:32 -0000, in
    <>
    David scrawled:

    >When i switch my computer it connects to the internet, i ticked a box once
    >to allow this but can't work out how to reverse this. Is there an easy way
    >to find which programe is starting the connection

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003
  5. David

    Richard Guest

    David wrote:

    > When i switch my computer it connects to the internet, i ticked a box
    > once
    > to allow this but can't work out how to reverse this. Is there an easy
    > way
    > to find which programe is starting the connection

    Unplug the modem before booting up.
    You'll probably get an error message saying which program can't do the job.
    With modem plugged in and no other programs running, press ctrl+alt+del to
    find out which programs are running.
    You may have a program set to check for autoupdates at startup.
    Also check the startup folder in the startbutton.
    Richard, Nov 11, 2003
  6. David

    John Holmes Guest

    Les Stewart came up with this:

    > "David" <> wrote in message
    >> When i switch my computer it connects to the internet, i ticked a box
    >> once to allow this but can't work out how to reverse this. Is there
    >> an easy way to find which programe is starting the connection

    > One way:
    >
    > With Internet Explorer open: Click TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS >
    > CONNECTIONS > SETTINGS
    >
    > Remove the password and OK your way out. It will not try to dial
    > without the password.
    > --
    > Les Stewart
    > Beaumont, TX

    The OP only wants to know which program launches his internet connection.

    --
    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."
    John Holmes, Nov 11, 2003
  7. David

    trout Guest

    David wrote:

    > When i switch my computer it connects to the internet, i ticked a box
    > once to allow this but can't work out how to reverse this. Is there
    > an easy way to find which programe is starting the connection

    If you're using a firewall (as one would hope); you could just set
    anything that might be connecting to "prompt", until you'd identified
    which it is.
    This is assuming that the 'box you checked' wasn't "Dial whenever a
    connection isn't present" (or something along those lines) in Internet
    Options > Connections.
    --
    "Or check program-by-program for their 'Auto-update' permissions."
    trout, Nov 12, 2003
  8. David

    informant Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > David wrote:
    >
    > > When i switch my computer it connects to the internet, i ticked a box
    > > once
    > > to allow this but can't work out how to reverse this. Is there an easy
    > > way
    > > to find which programe is starting the connection

    > Unplug the modem before booting up.

    That's an "easy way", St00pid?

    > You'll probably get an error message saying which program can't do the

    job.
    > With modem plugged in and no other programs running, press ctrl+alt+del to
    > find out which programs are running.

    Please re-read what you typed and identify what sounds st00pid, St00pid.

    > You may have a program set to check for autoupdates at startup.
    > Also check the startup folder in the startbutton.

    There's a "startup folder in the startbutton", Expert?

    From: "Richard" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Re: connecting itself
    Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:34:09 -0600