    board setup (chess). When I use netscape to open gamecolony the process
    proceeds smoothly. What do I need to do the open the door to Java when I am
    using the fireox browser?
    Leo Kline, Dec 19, 2006

  2. Leo Kline

    Guest

    Leo Kline wrote:
    > When I use firefox to open gamecolony it needs to invoke Java to get a game
    > board setup (chess). When I use netscape to open gamecolony the process
    > proceeds smoothly. What do I need to do the open the door to Java when I am
    > using the fireox browser?

    in the Netscape address bar type in about:plugins and look for the java
    files. There should be about 7 of them. The Plugin directory is
    located within the Netscape program directory. Using your file
    manager, locate these 7 files, then copy them to the Firefox plugin
    directory, which is located within the FF program directory. Do this
    with the program closed.
    , Dec 19, 2006

  3. Leo Kline

    Leo Kline Guest

    I'm not at all sure I found the "plugin directory" in firefox but there is
    clearly a folder called "plugins" under the mozilla folder. There is a
    simi;ar folder in netscape so I copied all of the plugins from netscape and
    pasted them into the mozilla plugin folder. The problem did not go away. I
    opened the Java control panel ,clicked the Advanced tab and noted that
    Internet explorer was given access to Java whle mozilla was not. I checked
    the box attempting to give mozilla access to Java (by opening the
    <applet>tag support tree) and got the message that I could not change
    browser permissions.How do I overcome this new wrinkle?

    Leo Kline, Dec 21, 2006
  4. Leo Kline

    Guest

    Leo Kline wrote:
    > I'm not at all sure I found the "plugin directory" in firefox but there is
    > clearly a folder called "plugins" under the mozilla folder. There is a
    > simi;ar folder in netscape so I copied all of the plugins from netscape and
    > pasted them into the mozilla plugin folder. The problem did not go away. I
    > opened the Java control panel ,clicked the Advanced tab and noted that
    > Internet explorer was given access to Java whle mozilla was not. I checked
    > the box attempting to give mozilla access to Java (by opening the
    > <applet>tag support tree) and got the message that I could not change
    > browser permissions.How do I overcome this new wrinkle?
    > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Leo Kline wrote:
    > >> When I use firefox to open gamecolony it needs to invoke Java to get a
    > >> game
    > >> board setup (chess). When I use netscape to open gamecolony the process
    > >> proceeds smoothly. What do I need to do the open the door to Java when I
    > >> am
    > >> using the fireox browser?

    > > in the Netscape address bar type in about:plugins and look for the java
    > > files. There should be about 7 of them. The Plugin directory is
    > > located within the Netscape program directory. Using your file
    > > manager, locate these 7 files, then copy them to the Firefox plugin
    > > directory, which is located within the FF program directory. Do this
    > > with the program closed.

    when you copied the files over, you did so with the program closed
    right.

    Any ways, for the other problem. Close all programs, then open the
    Add/Remove Programs and see how many Java programs listed. If you see
    more than one, then uninstall them ALL including the current version.
    Reboot, and reinstall the current one. Do things work now?

    If you only see one java listing, then use your file manager, and look
    in C:\program files\java and see how many is listed there. You should
    only see one. The current version. If you see more than one, let me
    know and I'll tell you how to clean things in the windows registry.
    , Dec 21, 2006
  5. Leo Kline wrote:

    > I'm not at all sure I found the "plugin directory" in firefox but there is
    > clearly a folder called "plugins" under the mozilla folder. There is a
    > simi;ar folder in netscape so I copied all of the plugins from netscape and
    > pasted them into the mozilla plugin folder. The problem did not go away. I
    > opened the Java control panel ,clicked the Advanced tab and noted that
    > Internet explorer was given access to Java whle mozilla was not. I checked
    > the box attempting to give mozilla access to Java (by opening the
    > <applet>tag support tree) and got the message that I could not change
    > browser permissions.How do I overcome this new wrinkle?
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Leo Kline wrote:
    >>> When I use firefox to open gamecolony it needs to invoke Java to get a
    >>> game
    >>> board setup (chess). When I use netscape to open gamecolony the process
    >>> proceeds smoothly. What do I need to do the open the door to Java when I
    >>> am
    >>> using the fireox browser?

    >> in the Netscape address bar type in about:plugins and look for the java
    >> files. There should be about 7 of them. The Plugin directory is
    >> located within the Netscape program directory. Using your file
    >> manager, locate these 7 files, then copy them to the Firefox plugin
    >> directory, which is located within the FF program directory. Do this
    >> with the program closed.

    Program Files:

    Netscape

    C://Program Files/Netscape

    There will be subfolders for the Netscape versions you may have installed.

    Mozilla/Seamonkey

    C://Program Files/Mozilla

    Again, subfolders for a Mozilla suite and/or SeaMonkey installation.

    Firefox

    C://Program Files/Mozilla Firefox

    Plugins folders for each should be inside.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 21, 2006