    connecting a laptop with windows media center 2005 to share the internet
    connection. Can this be done wirelessly (the laptop is wireless enabled) ?
    If it can be done, which wireless router would you recommend ?

    =?Utf-8?B?UmhvbmRh?=, Jan 30, 2007

  2. "Rhonda" wrote:

    > I have windows xp home edition SP2 on pc and am looking to set up a network,
    > connecting a laptop with windows media center 2005 to share the internet
    > connection. Can this be done wirelessly (the laptop is wireless enabled) ?
    > If it can be done, which wireless router would you recommend ?

    Personally my favorite is D-Linksys then Netgear, you need to check both
    laptop are wireless capable or you may need another USB wireless Card to
    boost the Signal strength if one of the Laptop's (Up stair) is far from the
    Wireless Router.
    Here are some links will help you to understand and setup the Wireless
    network:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/setup/wireless.mspx
    4 steps to set up your home wireless network:
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesssetup.mspx
    HTH.
    Regards,
    nass