    Toshiba Text TV - 1 scart
    Pace Sky box - I scart

    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

    Chocolate Sauce, May 2, 2004

  2. Chocolate Sauce wrote:

    > I've spent this afternoon trying to get these to work with each
    > other via scart leads, with only partial success. I want them set
    > up so that I can record either from the TV or Sky, & I want to be
    > able to use the DVD player by simply putting it on if possible. So
    > far I've managed to get the TV working & Sky to display if I view
    > it on another channel. I bought the VCR today & it was supposed to
    > show a blue screen to start the auto setup process, which it did -
    > however, the screen came up automatically so now I don't know how
    > to get it back again to add Sky to the list of channels/programmes.
    > I can't get the DVD player to work in addition to the other items.
    > The scart sockets available are:
    >
    > Pacific DVD1002W - 2 scarts
    > Pacific VCR - 2 scarts
    > Toshiba Text TV - 1 scart
    > Pace Sky box - I scart
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

    Are you prepared to spend just a very few quidlets on
    SCART switch box and a SCART doubler?

    If so, you run SCART cables to the switch box from the DVD,
    SKY and VCR. Another SCART cable goes from switch box to
    doubler. Another two SCART cables go from doubler to the TV
    and VCR.

    You daisy chain the rf aerial from aerial to Skybox to VCR
    to TV. Note that the TV does not need to be tuned into
    either the VCR or Skybox because it will get its input from
    those via SCART. The rf chain is only there so that you can
    watch/record different channels. But it is worth getting
    everything tuned in anyway - so that you can make sure all
    the rf channels are clear of each other and terrestrial
    signals in your locale. The Sky box and VCR will have
    adjustable rf channels that you can tune. The manual for the
    TV ought to tell you how to add or replace channels.

    The TV will then be able to watch terrestrial TV, Sky TV,
    DVD and the VCR.

    The VCR will be able to record terrestrial TV (from the rf
    aerial), Sky TV and DVD (from SCART).

    All of the outputs will be at the best quality the system
    can maintain.

    Was that what you had in mind? If so, you can get the
    doubler from Maplins and the switchbox from Argos and SCART
    cables from either. If you want to pay extra, you can get an
    automatic switchbox but I think manual is better as the
    automatic can switch when you would rther it didn't!

    Does that help?

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 2, 2004

  3. =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= <> wrote
    news:c73fkr$hv0eg$-berlin.de in
    uk.tech.digital-tv:

    > Are you prepared to spend just a very few quidlets on
    > SCART switch box and a SCART doubler?
    >
    > If so, you run SCART cables to the switch box from the DVD,
    > SKY and VCR. Another SCART cable goes from switch box to
    > doubler. Another two SCART cables go from doubler to the TV
    > and VCR.
    >
    > You daisy chain the rf aerial from aerial to Skybox to VCR
    > to TV. Note that the TV does not need to be tuned into
    > either the VCR or Skybox because it will get its input from
    > those via SCART. The rf chain is only there so that you can
    > watch/record different channels. But it is worth getting
    > everything tuned in anyway - so that you can make sure all
    > the rf channels are clear of each other and terrestrial
    > signals in your locale. The Sky box and VCR will have
    > adjustable rf channels that you can tune. The manual for the
    > TV ought to tell you how to add or replace channels.
    >
    > The TV will then be able to watch terrestrial TV, Sky TV,
    > DVD and the VCR.
    >
    > The VCR will be able to record terrestrial TV (from the rf
    > aerial), Sky TV and DVD (from SCART).
    >
    > All of the outputs will be at the best quality the system
    > can maintain.
    >
    > Was that what you had in mind? If so, you can get the
    > doubler from Maplins and the switchbox from Argos and SCART
    > cables from either. If you want to pay extra, you can get an
    > automatic switchbox but I think manual is better as the
    > automatic can switch when you would rther it didn't!
    >
    > Does that help?

    Yes it does, & thanks very much. The TV manual went to Toshiba
    heaven/hell ages ago, but we've been able to add the channels now.
    As for the switchbox, I think an automatic one may be the only
    option - we used to have a manual one on a previous set-up, but
    everyone got fed up having to press different switches to watch
    what they wanted to (assuming they could even remember which lead
    was which!). Looks like a visit to the local Argos is on the cards
    for tomorrow. Thanks again.

    Chocolate Sauce, May 2, 2004
  4. =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= <> wrote
    news:c73fkr$hv0eg$-berlin.de in
    uk.tech.digital-tv:

    > Are you prepared to spend just a very few quidlets on
    > SCART switch box and a SCART doubler?
    >
    > If so, you run SCART cables to the switch box from the DVD,
    > SKY and VCR. Another SCART cable goes from switch box to
    > doubler. Another two SCART cables go from doubler to the TV
    > and VCR.
    >
    > You daisy chain the rf aerial from aerial to Skybox to VCR
    > to TV. Note that the TV does not need to be tuned into
    > either the VCR or Skybox because it will get its input from
    > those via SCART. The rf chain is only there so that you can
    > watch/record different channels. But it is worth getting
    > everything tuned in anyway - so that you can make sure all
    > the rf channels are clear of each other and terrestrial
    > signals in your locale. The Sky box and VCR will have
    > adjustable rf channels that you can tune. The manual for the
    > TV ought to tell you how to add or replace channels.
    >
    > The TV will then be able to watch terrestrial TV, Sky TV,
    > DVD and the VCR.
    >
    > The VCR will be able to record terrestrial TV (from the rf
    > aerial), Sky TV and DVD (from SCART).
    >
    > All of the outputs will be at the best quality the system
    > can maintain.
    >
    > Was that what you had in mind? If so, you can get the
    > doubler from Maplins and the switchbox from Argos and SCART
    > cables from either. If you want to pay extra, you can get an
    > automatic switchbox but I think manual is better as the
    > automatic can switch when you would rther it didn't!
    >
    > Does that help?

    Just to let you know, I got a switchbox from Argos today for just
    under £30. It's automatic but has a manual over-ride. The picture
    quality is much better than before, & everything is working just as
    it should, ie from the comfort of the couch :). Thanks again for
    your help.

    Chocolate Sauce, May 3, 2004
  5. Chocolate Sauce wrote:

    > =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= <> wrote
    > news:c73fkr$hv0eg$-berlin.de in
    > uk.tech.digital-tv:
    >

    >> Are you prepared to spend just a very few quidlets on
    >>SCART switch box and a SCART doubler?
    >>
    >>If so, you run SCART cables to the switch box from the DVD,
    >>SKY and VCR. Another SCART cable goes from switch box to
    >>doubler. Another two SCART cables go from doubler to the TV
    >>and VCR.
    >>
    >>You daisy chain the rf aerial from aerial to Skybox to VCR
    >>to TV. Note that the TV does not need to be tuned into
    >>either the VCR or Skybox because it will get its input from
    >>those via SCART. The rf chain is only there so that you can
    >>watch/record different channels. But it is worth getting
    >>everything tuned in anyway - so that you can make sure all
    >>the rf channels are clear of each other and terrestrial
    >>signals in your locale. The Sky box and VCR will have
    >>adjustable rf channels that you can tune. The manual for the
    >>TV ought to tell you how to add or replace channels.
    >>
    >>The TV will then be able to watch terrestrial TV, Sky TV,
    >>DVD and the VCR.
    >>
    >>The VCR will be able to record terrestrial TV (from the rf
    >>aerial), Sky TV and DVD (from SCART).
    >>
    >>All of the outputs will be at the best quality the system
    >>can maintain.
    >>
    >>Was that what you had in mind? If so, you can get the
    >>doubler from Maplins and the switchbox from Argos and SCART
    >>cables from either. If you want to pay extra, you can get an
    >>automatic switchbox but I think manual is better as the
    >>automatic can switch when you would rther it didn't!
    >>
    >>Does that help?
    >>

    > Just to let you know, I got a switchbox from Argos today for just
    > under £30. It's automatic but has a manual over-ride. The picture
    > quality is much better than before, & everything is working just as
    > it should, ie from the comfort of the couch :). Thanks again for
    > your help.

    Glad you are sorted! Now, all you need to add is a video
    sender with remote relay and you can watch and control all
    that lot from in bed... :)

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 3, 2004
  6. =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= <> wrote
    news:c763c7$5oj3$-berlin.de in uk.tech.digital-
    tv:

    > Glad you are sorted! Now, all you need to add is a video
    > sender with remote relay and you can watch and control all
    > that lot from in bed... :)

    Don't tempt me :)

    Chocolate Sauce, May 4, 2004