Connecting dsl modem, switch and WiFi router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RameshMeda, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. RameshMeda

    RameshMeda

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Quick question about connecting and type of cables to be used...

    I had DSL modem -> linksys WiFi router with 4 port switch. Couple computers hardwired to router and couple working on WiFi. Life was good.

    Now due to frequent failure of power adapter on router, decided to introduce switch between router and dsl modem.

    Current config DSL Router -> Switch -> WiFi Router

    Computers connected to switch are working just fine.
    Computers on Wifi into Wifi router just are not functional.

    Question... Do I need to have cross cable between switch (right now it is straight cable) and router or is there something I am not doing that I should be.

    Quick response is greatly appreciated.

    Regards,
    Ramesh.
    RameshMeda@Gmail.com