    ..

    would someone please help?

    Malcolm
    Malcolm William Mason, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Malcolm William Mason

    jils Guest

    use xp's system restore to take your computer back to a time before you
    updated adaware.

    jils, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Malcolm William Mason

    BC Guest

    Or you can go the quarantine folder and restore the last clean up.
    Then try to remove the entries one by one and test your connection.
    Once you have found which was the problem, put an exception on it.
    That would be provided that:
    - the ad aware scan and removal caused that problem
    - ad-aware mis-judged the entry

    BC, Sep 6, 2005
  4. Re: Re: Connecting Automatically

    On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 07:56:53 +1000, jils <> wrote:

    >Malcolm William Mason wrote:
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> I am running Windows XP Pro with SP2
    >>
    >> Ad-aware (Lavasoft) informed me that they had an update to use.
    >>
    >> I, dutifully, downloaded , installed and ran a scan.
    >>
    >> When I had finished I was no longer connected to my ISP (I have a DSL).
    >> What is more I could not reconnect..
    >>
    >> MY ISP (ATT) walked me through a reconnection but left me so that each
    >> time I re-boot or IPL , I must click on the ATT icon and wait some more
    >> when it used to connect until today without that extra click on ATT.
    >>
    >> I would really like to return to the automatic connection
    >> .
    >>
    >> would someone please help?
    >>
    >> Malcolm

    >>>use xp's system restore to take your computer back to a time before you
    >>>updated adaware.

    If I use XP's restore, will this not also put me back with the old
    Ad-aware build. It is no longer supported. It will not update its
    definitions.

    What I want to know is what to do to get the DSL to hookup each time
    that I boot up.

    By the way, at one time the pc was configured so that the DSL was always
    connected. I just logged on to what was already there. Can I get to
    that arrangement?

    Malcolm
    Malcolm William Mason, Sep 6, 2005