    don't use a hub to effectively 'extend' the number of switch ports but
    it seems to work ok.

    Many thanks in advance
    Matt, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Matt wrote:

    > Generally speaking, is there a limitation on the number of MAC
    > addresses you can have hanging off one switch port?

    Nowadays, no. Some older stuff did have limitations like that (I have
    worked with gear that did), but modern switches don't have per-port
    limits anymore, unless you specifically configure them to for security
    reasons.

    There often are per-box limits on smaller edge or workgroup switches,
    but they run into the thousands (4K or 8K MAC addresses).

    So in general: don't worry about it.

    Regards,

    Marco.
    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Sep 22, 2004