    by ethernet. But until now, I am not able to find them.
    Can anybody help?

    Wim

    Wim, Dec 17, 2005

  2. Wim

    Jono Guest

    "Wim" <> wrote in message
    news:4all.nl...
    > My ISP will soon start offering some Voip service. I want
    > to try that of course.
    > My ADSL modem/router has no possibility to connect a phone,
    > and I prefer not to buy another modem.
    >
    > I know that there are devices to which I can connect
    > a POTS phone, and connect that device to my ADSL router
    > by ethernet. But until now, I am not able to find them.
    > Can anybody help?
    >
    > Wim

    You've not tried very hard.

    Linksys/Sipura make "analogue telephone adapters", to name just one. (or is
    it two)

    There are a number of ATAs here www.provu.co.uk

    Jono, Dec 17, 2005

  3. In article <4all.nl>,
    Wim <> writes:
    > My ISP will soon start offering some Voip service. I want
    > to try that of course.
    > My ADSL modem/router has no possibility to connect a phone,
    > and I prefer not to buy another modem.
    >
    > I know that there are devices to which I can connect
    > a POTS phone, and connect that device to my ADSL router
    > by ethernet. But until now, I am not able to find them.
    > Can anybody help?

    They are called ATA's -- Analogue Telephone Adaptors.
    I use SPA-3000's, but that's at the top end of the
    feature set, complexity, and price bracket.
    There are much cheaper ones.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Dec 17, 2005