Connecting a non-btvoyager adapter!

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=, Jul 24, 2004.

1. I have just got a new laptop with a non BT wireless adapter. To use encyrption I need to enter the WEP keys generated by a passcode. I am ignorant about this procedure. There is one window requiring a key when I select the connection and another in the configuration window which requires a key and has a key number selection option beneath. A key is shown in the two windows but I think this was put in by me in ignorance - I entered the passcode rather than the key - this seems to stay no matter what I do. I think I have the right 128 WEP keys - i.e. four lots of 26 characters. How? Oh how do I entered them and make it work.

Currently I have disabled the WEP so that I can connect and use the WWW

Sympathetic responses for this novice welcome!

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=, Jul 24, 2004
    1. Advertising

2. Hey John what do u mean by non BT?

"Jonathan" wrote:

> I have just got a new laptop with a non BT wireless adapter. To use encyrption I need to enter the WEP keys generated by a passcode. I am ignorant about this procedure. There is one window requiring a key when I select the connection and another in the configuration window which requires a key and has a key number selection option beneath. A key is shown in the two windows but I think this was put in by me in ignorance - I entered the passcode rather than the key - this seems to stay no matter what I do. I think I have the right 128 WEP keys - i.e. four lots of 26 characters. How? Oh how do I entered them and make it work.
    >
    > Currently I have disabled the WEP so that I can connect and use the WWW
    >
    > Sympathetic responses for this novice welcome!

=?Utf-8?B?TmV0d3Jrd29tYW4=?=, Jul 24, 2004
    1. Advertising