    pc is 2000 pro. Any comments?

    Thanks,

    zxhui
    zxhui, Jan 9, 2006

  2. zxhui

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "zxhui" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > All,
    >
    > I am trying to connect my second pc online through my first pc's second
    > Ethernet port, the first pc go online by Bell Canada DSL. I assigned
    > the second port with a static IP, second pc with static IP as well and
    > default gateway of 2nd pc using second port's IP and DNS server using
    > same one like first one. My 1st pc is Windows XP home edition and 2nd
    > pc is 2000 pro. Any comments?

    Go get yourself a cheap NAT router and make it easy on yourslef and keep it
    simple.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 9, 2006

  3. zxhui

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    zxhui <> wrote:

    > All,
    >
    > I am trying to connect my second pc online through my first pc's second
    > Ethernet port, the first pc go online by Bell Canada DSL. I assigned
    > the second port with a static IP, second pc with static IP as well and
    > default gateway of 2nd pc using second port's IP and DNS server using
    > same one like first one. My 1st pc is Windows XP home edition and 2nd
    > pc is 2000 pro. Any comments?

    They can't both have the same IP.
    The second one will not be connecting through it's own network
    services, but sharing the connection that the first one has; look for
    info on sharing the network connection.
    Mitch, Jan 9, 2006
  4. zxhui

    Gutz Guest

    "zxhui" <> wrote in message
    > All,
    >
    > I am trying to connect my second pc online through my first pc's second
    > Ethernet port, the first pc go online by Bell Canada DSL. I assigned
    > the second port with a static IP, second pc with static IP as well and
    > default gateway of 2nd pc using second port's IP and DNS server using
    > same one like first one. My 1st pc is Windows XP home edition and 2nd
    > pc is 2000 pro. Any comments?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > zxhui

    You need to share the internet connection on the 1st PC then give them
    seperate IPs like you were running a network. 1st pc: 192.168.0.1, 2nd pc:
    192.168.0.2 (this is on the ethernet connections of both). Then set the dns
    of the 2nd pc to the ip of the 1st pc and voila.
    Gutz, Jan 9, 2006