    hoping to use a wireless solution as this seems to bethe easiest, but I
    do not know enough about wireless to set this up. any help would be
    appreciated.
    JohnDpatriot, Nov 15, 2004

  2. JohnDpatriot

    mikeFNB Guest

    get a couple of beams and it should be a doddle.
    many sites will help you with the other bits

    mike

    "JohnDpatriot" <> wrote in message
    > I have 2 site Approx. 250 ft apart, but on oposite sides of the road. I
    > need to be able to connect the sites to eachother, but I cannot use the
    > internet as highspeed internet is not available in the area. I am
    > hoping to use a wireless solution as this seems to bethe easiest, but I
    > do not know enough about wireless to set this up. any help would be
    > appreciated.

    ---
    mikeFNB, Nov 16, 2004

  3. JohnDpatriot

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    May be this can Help: Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Nov 16, 2004
  4. JohnDpatriot

    JohnDpatriot Guest

    Thanks, that was a good place to start.

    john,
    JohnDpatriot, Nov 16, 2004
  5. John,

    I can definitely recommend a great book about setting up Point-To-Point
    wireless links.
    "Deploying License-Free Wireless Wide-Area Networks" by Jack Unger. I have
    read this book and learned quite a bit about deploying reliable wireless
    networks. I am sure there are many similar books out there regarding this
    topic. This book is simple and thorough.

    I recommend reading over the steps for deploying a network of medium range.
    Especially important is doing a site-survey (to determine if the link will
    be as reliable and useful as you need), determining the correct antennae to
    use and determining the correct positioning for the equipment.

    Brian

    --
    Brian Wehrle

    Software Test Engineer/Wireless Networking
    Microsoft Corp.

    Brian Wehrle [MSFT], Nov 20, 2004