    not visible.

    What could be the problem?

    TIA

    Shilps, Nov 30, 2007

  2. Shilps

    Carol Guest

    I'm surely no expert when it comes to networking but In my opinion your
    biggest problem is Vista; but you can check your software firewall and be
    sure you have it setup to allow your computer access. You may need to find
    the ip address of your computer and enter it manually. I had to do that with
    some of my software firewall programs. This was after I went through the
    network wizard to set up my network. I never was successful in getting Vista
    to play nice with my XP computers.

    The "bowman" in the url you listed is the only person I know that might have
    suggestions that might help.

    Carol, Dec 1, 2007

  3. On the vista, type this command: net share. In the XP, type net view
    \\vistahostname (replace vistahostname with the real computer name). compare
    them or post here.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net