    I cant use FTP as we have dynamic IP addresses. Is there a program we can
    use to do this.

    Thanx

    Boyo, Jan 7, 2006

  2. Boyo

    Erick Guest

    There used to be a program called Hotwire or Hotline (something like that).
    It has a client/server setup and was designed for file-sharing within a
    trusted network or between trusted computers over the internet (as opposed
    to the current style of file-sharing). I don't think it's available anymore,
    but that's kinda what you need.

    If you're running XP Pro, you can also use Remote Desktop Connection. It's
    sometimes a bit tricky, but works well. VPN software does the same thing.

    "Boyo" <> wrote in message news:eek:p.s2zl3sjegpe69n@boyo...
    Hi, I was wondering how to get one computer to access another computers
    hard drive through the internet.

    Erick, Jan 7, 2006

  3. Boyo

    /nul Guest

    On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 13:48:54 +1100, Boyo <> wrote:

    >Hi, I was wondering how to get one computer to access another computers
    >hard drive through the internet.
    >
    >I cant use FTP as we have dynamic IP addresses.

    yes you can, ftp://ip_address will work fine

    /nul, Jan 7, 2006
  4. Boyo

    Erick Guest

    Not true, unless either or both systems are running an FTP server.

    Erick, Jan 7, 2006
  5. Boyo

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Boyo" <> wrote in message news:eek:p.s2zl3sjegpe69n@boyo...
    > Hi, I was wondering how to get one computer to access another computers
    > hard drive through the internet.
    >
    > I cant use FTP as we have dynamic IP addresses. Is there a program we can
    > use to do this.

    MS Netmeeting on the O/S and PC Anywhere (not free) are two that will
    connect two machines over the Internet and xfer files where give the IP the
    connection is that client will use for either program to connect to the
    host.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 8, 2006