    but when I click on internet explorer it gives me all that 'unable to display
    page' nonsense. It says I'm not connected but I am! Guessing I need to enable
    or configure something but can't work out what.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmFH?=, Oct 9, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmFH?=

    David Hettel Guest

    You may wish to read this on using the Network Diagnostics tool:

    http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=5464827

    and this on troubleshooting TCP/IP connectivity:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314067

    If that doesn't work for you, here is an excellent network
    troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna. Take the time to go through it
    and it will usually pinpoint the problem area(s) -
    http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm

    --
    David Hettel

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    confers no rights

    David Hettel, Oct 9, 2006

  3. Hi
    Are you sure that you are connected to the Hot Spot.
    Seeing the signal does not necessarily mean that you are connected.
    You should try a Hotspot that is totally open and make sure that you
    Wireless is configured without security.
    May be this can Help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 9, 2006