    i'm trying to connect my laptop to the internet via router (vood 142) and i get a "connected" status but everytime i try to connect it says "the page cannot be displayed". on the table PC (also connected via vood), my connection has worked flawlessly all this time. i've turned off my windows firewall, and i have entered my IP number which i got in the cmd tab. i've turned off the nod32 antivirus to be sure that's not the problem. and lastly, i have coppied the default gateway number from the table PC as well, but still no luck. but i noticed that in the cmd tab on the laptop, when i enter "ipconfig", the "connection specific DNS suffix" and "default gateway" slots are left blank, unlike on the desktop PC - could that indicate my problem?
    the thing is, it worked fine before, i haven't been changing anything, but now it gives me headaches :( :banghead:

    if anyone has a clue what the trick is, please help me out! thanks...
    dzenko, Oct 12, 2007

  2. dzenko

    dzenko

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    hi again,

    i have tried some new tricks since yesterday, but still i can't get my connection working. here are some new clues, maybe someone gets an idea of what could be wrong, coz i'm running out of options. the next thing i come up with is reinstalling windows altogether.
    so, i've tryed to renew my ip number via ipconfig/release and then ipconfig/renew. after a minute or so, i get a message saying "an error occured while renewing interface Local area connection 2 : unable to contact your DHCP server. request timed out."
    in the network commections, the status is "limited or no connectivity".

    on the other hand, while trying to renew ip on the laptop, i get an error message on the desktop PC saying it is in ip conflict with another computer (laptop i suppose). that was after i tryed to get my laptop connection going by assigning it with the ip address and other numbers from the desktop (on which i disabled the connection before that pf course) and pluging it into the same LAN plug (i'm not sure it's called that) on the router.

    so why is the desktop working and the laptop isn't? the laptop has an IP and a subnet mask assigned (the subnet mask is the same as on the desktop - is that ok?) - i get from cmd - ipconfig...

    can anyone point me in the right direction, i've tryed all the tricks posted on the internet. :hmm2:
    dzenko, Oct 13, 2007

  3. dzenko

    Sasha11515

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    I don't have an answer to your question - but I was wondering if you found an answer. I am having the same problem on my laptop with a Linksys router. It shows excellent signal but will not connect. Thanx
    Sasha11515, Nov 13, 2007
  4. dzenko

    dzenko

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    no, i haven't. i just sat down and started re-installing windows... :(
    i'll tell you what the result is.
    dzenko, Nov 17, 2007
  5. dzenko

    dzenko

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    hey sasha,

    i got the solution 8)
    1.go to control panel, than local area connections
    2.in local area connection, right click and choose properties
    3.choose configure
    4. in advanced tab, mark link speed/duplex mode or whatever you got in line 4
    5.as value, set the one that suits you (mine is 10Mbps/full duplex, before it was auto negotioation)

    that got it working for me, good luck!
    dzenko, Dec 1, 2007