    work like a router?
    I think it can be used as a "wireless switch" but...what are the limitations
    here.
    Nottoman, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Nottoman

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Nottoman" <> wrote in
    news:1wJfd.6789$LT1.4472@trnddc09:

    > I can uplink my router to a hub, but is it possible to upline a wired
    > 4 port cable/dsl Linksys router to a Netgear wireless router and have
    > the Netgear work like a router?
    > I think it can be used as a "wireless switch" but...what are the
    > limitations here.

    You don't use the UPlink port. It is wired router as the gateway device and
    you turn the wireless router into a switch. There are no limitations when
    you plug the Netgear wireless router into the wired router. That is you
    connect the appliances LAN port to LAN port on both appliances and set the
    device IP of the Netgear wireless router to a static IP of the Linksys
    wired router using the same SubNet mask on both appliances.

    All machines on both appliances will be able to use ICS to see each other
    wired or wireless and you can plug wireless and wired machines into the
    Netgear wire/wireless switch that gets a DHCP IP or uses a Static IP from
    the gateway wire Linksys router.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 27, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Wed,
    27 Oct 2004 09:03:57 GMT, "Nottoman" <> screamed
    from behind the mulberry bush:

    >I can uplink my router to a hub, but is it possible to upline a wired 4 port
    >cable/dsl Linksys router to a Netgear wireless router and have the Netgear
    >work like a router?
    >I think it can be used as a "wireless switch" but...what are the limitations
    >here.

    Yes. I just stick the other router into an active jack and let the
    routers assigne IP addresses.
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 27, 2004