    M Mordkovych Guest

    Hi! How can I connect Win97 laptop to MS network? On the network there are
    Win XP and Win98 machines
    M Mordkovych, Dec 7, 2009

  2. M Mordkovych

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:08:15 -0500, "M Mordkovych"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi! How can I connect Win97 laptop to MS network? On the network there are
    >Win XP and Win98 machines

    If it's just a local peer 2 peer then just make sure all the machines have the
    same "workgroup" name. The Win7 lappy will see the network automatically
    after that.
    G. Morgan, Dec 7, 2009

  3. M Mordkovych

    M Mordkovych Guest

    Thanks

    I am not sure what peer 2 peer is. I make all computers belobg to one
    workgoup, except this laptop - dont know where option is buried.

    M Mordkovych, Dec 7, 2009
  4. M Mordkovych

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Right click on the network icon in systray.
    Click on "Open..."
    In "See active networks" (right pane), click on the network you are using
    and set it to work nertwork.
    That's the way it works for me.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 7, 2009
  5. M Mordkovych

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 22:58:37 -0500, "M Mordkovych"
    <> wrote:

    >I am not sure what peer 2 peer is. I make all computers belobg to one
    >workgoup, except this laptop - dont know where option is buried.

    Yours is a peer to peer, like most home networks. The alternative would be
    joining a "domain" (a centrally controlled configuration for larger networks).

    Anyway:
    Control Panel\System and Security\System

    "Advanced System Settings" on the left pane.

    then, "Computer Name" tab, then "Change" button. Type in your workgroup name,
    "apply", "OK".

    That's it... No reboot required for Win7.
    G. Morgan, Dec 7, 2009
  6. type sysdm.cpl in the search box on the start menu, then click Change, and
    change the Workgroup name to whatever you want.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 7, 2009
  7. M Mordkovych

    M Mordkovych Guest

    Thanks to all! It works now. One more question : how to make CMD box full
    screen?
    M Mordkovych, Dec 8, 2009
  8. M Mordkovych

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 22:57:59 -0500, "M Mordkovych"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks to all! It works now. One more question : how to make CMD box full
    >screen?

    No can do in Win7. Sorry.
    G. Morgan, Dec 8, 2009