    reference is made to having one router as a DCE another the DTE;clearly this
    can be done...does one just use a Cisco serial cable ?

    So much of this stuff to learn....good grief...

    J Bard, Nov 11, 2003

  2. J Bard

    Tim Thorne Guest

    "J Bard" <> wrote:

    >How would one best (most cheaply) connect two 1600's for a lab ?

    RJ45 Ethernet crossover cable! You can use the b2b 60 pin cables if
    the 1600s have serial ports.

    Tim

    Tim Thorne, Nov 11, 2003

  3. J Bard

    Melon Guest

    J Bard wrote:
    > How would one best (most cheaply) connect two 1600's for a lab ?
    >
    > I see in "Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices" ( A CCNA study guide)
    > reference is made to having one router as a DCE another the DTE;clearly this
    > can be done...does one just use a Cisco serial cable ?
    >
    > So much of this stuff to learn....good grief...

    You can get a DCE/DTE cable for your serial interfaces, here is what
    they look like:

    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3057393531&category=3704

    Melon, Nov 12, 2003
  4. J Bard

    Lowell Guest

    I just got done connecting a 1602 with a integrated 56K 4 wire CSU/DSU to a
    2524 with the same type of module and what I ca get from diff. sources is a
    crossover type cable using CAT 5 with RJ-45 or RJ-48S ends. Here is alink
    and good luck. (Luckily the person that sold me both routers ade the cable
    beforehand for me.)

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps233/products_tech_note09186a00800a3f09.shtml#intro

    Let me know if it works. All you use are 1-2 -7-8 and on other end 7-8-1-2

    Lowell, Nov 12, 2003