    Jim

    Tyneside - North East of England
    To email me directly omit the X from my address
    Jim Scott, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Jim Scott

    JANA Guest

    If you are on broadband, technically your computer is connected to the net
    all the time. When you open any browser, or email program, you should be
    able to work the net by default.

    If you put a shortcut of your browser, and or email programs in the Start-up
    folder, they should be started every time you re-start and log on to your
    computer. You can also set these shortcuts to be minimized when starting, so
    that you don't have them opened on your desktop.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "Jim Scott" <> wrote in message
    I currently use Netlaunch to connect to the web and open my browser, email
    client and newsreader.
    It dawned on my dull brain that since I'm on broadband I might as well
    connect to the internet when I start my computer in the morning.
    So .. how do I do that?
    I'm sure the answer must be obvious ... but just at this moment I'm
    flummoxed.

    JANA, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Jim Scott

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:10:14 -0500, "JANA" <> wrote:

    >If you are on broadband, technically your computer is connected to the net
    >all the time. When you open any browser, or email program, you should be
    >able to work the net by default.

    Unless the OP is on a PPPOE connectoin that requires a dialer, which
    is what the OP stated.
    Evan Platt, Mar 9, 2006
  4. Jim Scott

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:51:20 GMT, Jim Scott <>
    wrote:

    >I currently use Netlaunch to connect to the web and open my browser, email
    >client and newsreader.
    >It dawned on my dull brain that since I'm on broadband I might as well
    >connect to the internet when I start my computer in the morning.
    >So .. how do I do that?
    >I'm sure the answer must be obvious ... but just at this moment I'm
    >flummoxed.

    Copy the icon for your dialer into your Startup folder - Start,
    Programs, Startup (assuming a Windows O/S).
    Evan Platt, Mar 9, 2006
  5. Jim Scott

    Jim Scott Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:51:20 GMT, Jim Scott <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I currently use Netlaunch to connect to the web and open my browser,
    >>email client and newsreader.
    >>It dawned on my dull brain that since I'm on broadband I might as well
    >>connect to the internet when I start my computer in the morning.
    >>So .. how do I do that?
    >>I'm sure the answer must be obvious ... but just at this moment I'm
    >>flummoxed.

    > Copy the icon for your dialer into your Startup folder - Start,
    > Programs, Startup (assuming a Windows O/S).

    Thanks Evan, however I've used Netlaunch for so long without having a
    dialer icon that I have forgotten where to find it.

    Jim Scott, Mar 9, 2006