Connect to Router but no internet traffic

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by ProjectD, Oct 23, 2006.

1. ProjectD

ProjectD

I have a Toshiba laptop (M105) with internal wireless card. I have Verizon DSL Service with wireless router. The router came with the DSL package therefore I am not sure about the brand. I setup an open wireless connection. The laptop saw my router and connected to it. But when I tried to open the browser, it can't connect to the internet.

I had the correct SSID and disabled all firewalls. I can ping the router fine. When I looked the connection status page, it showed many internet packages had been sent, but only a few packages are received. My friend's laptop connected to my wireless router without any problems. I also had the same problem at Panera Bread with free wireless access.
    I don't know what type of setup that can be done to solve this problem. Any advices or helps are greatly appreciated. Thanks.:dong:

ProjectD, Oct 23, 2006
    1. Advertising

2. ProjectD

ProjectD

Looks like many people are having similiar problem. Does anyone on this forum has experience with wireless networking that can help us out? I went the the www.ezlan.net and found not solution for my internet problem. HELP!

ProjectD, Oct 26, 2006
    1. Advertising

3. ProjectD

ProjectD

I don't what was the exact problem. But I was able to get past it but reinstall the wireless card. It could be my wireless card driver was corrupted when I was setting up the wireless network. Now I connect to my router and other opened networks at bookstores and coffee shops. Hope this will help whoever has similiar problem.

ProjectD, Nov 1, 2006
    1. Advertising