    I have a Toshiba laptop (M105) with internal wireless card. I have Verizon DSL Service with wireless router. The router came with the DSL package therefore I am not sure about the brand. I setup an open wireless connection. The laptop saw my router and connected to it. But when I tried to open the browser, it can't connect to the internet.

    I had the correct SSID and disabled all firewalls. I can ping the router fine. When I looked the connection status page, it showed many internet packages had been sent, but only a few packages are received. My friend's laptop connected to my wireless router without any problems. I also had the same problem at Panera Bread with free wireless access.
    I don't know what type of setup that can be done to solve this problem. Any advices or helps are greatly appreciated. Thanks.:dong:

    ProjectD, Oct 23, 2006

  2. ProjectD

    ProjectD

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2006
    Messages:
    9
    Location:
    Sunshine State
    Looks like many people are having similiar problem. Does anyone on this forum has experience with wireless networking that can help us out? I went the the www.ezlan.net and found not solution for my internet problem. HELP!

    ProjectD, Oct 26, 2006

  3. ProjectD

    ProjectD

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2006
    Messages:
    9
    Location:
    Sunshine State
    I don't what was the exact problem. But I was able to get past it but reinstall the wireless card. It could be my wireless card driver was corrupted when I was setting up the wireless network. Now I connect to my router and other opened networks at bookstores and coffee shops. Hope this will help whoever has similiar problem.

    ProjectD, Nov 1, 2006