Connect to Internet

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Robert Ayotte, Mar 22, 2010.

  1. System
    Windows 2003 R2 SP2 fully patched.

    Workstation
    WinXP Pro SP3 fully patched.

    Have cable modem goes to my Linksys router.
    From router to nic1 on server
    from nic2 on server to Linksys switch
    from switch to workstation.

    Can access internet from server with no troubles.
    Have RAS with Nat setup
    internal IP range 192.168.0.x
    nic1 is 192.168.1.101 (goes to router)

    Problem!!!!
    If I set a static IP on the workstation, all is OK.
    If I set to DHCP on workstation, I can ping server etc, but I cannot get out
    to the internet.

    Can someone help please? Unable to make this work. Tried different
    solutions, even using the "Manage Server" wizard to set the DNS, DHCP etc up
    and still the same problem.

    With the wizard, it set my nic1 to 192.168.1.100
    Set my internal to 192.168.0.x also.

    Thanks in advance
    Robert

    remove 1st "1"