    Thanks for any help.

    Cheers,
    Arr.
    Arruba, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Arruba

    Lance Guest

    Start up Help & Support, search for "net use". You need to have File and
    Printer Sharing up and running. Permissions need to be set up properly too.

    An example of what the command would look like to mount the remote
    shared folder as local drive m: is:

    net use m: \\ComputerName\ShareName password /user:username /persistent:no

    Lance
    *****

    Lance, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Arruba

    Arruba Guest

    Thanks Lance.

    Arruba, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Arruba

    Arruba Guest

    Re: connect string - 1 Example

    So, would that be right:

    net use z: \\pcname\docs pw/user:pcname\abc /persistent:no

    domain: Dom
    computer name: pcname
    username:ABC
    password:pw
    drive to map: z
    shared dir: docs

    But I still have a problem: nothing happens :-(

    (I'm on winXP).

    Cheers,
    Arr.

    >>> Arr.

    Arruba, Sep 10, 2004
  5. Re: connect string - 1 Example

    Type "net use ?" for the syntax.

    You might want to try "net use z: \\pcname\docs pw /user:Dom\ABC
    /persistent:no"

    -Yves

    Yves Konigshofer, Sep 10, 2004